Chapter 3 - Edited

My eyes shifted from the boy beside me to my best friend who seemed to enjoy my panicked face. With all the strength I could muster, I breathed in a lungful of air and slipped back my handkerchief inside my pocket carefully as to not bump shoulders with my seatmate. I opened my book once again and resumed with my reading and I was pretty sure that I kept rereading the first paragraph thrice before I could fully grasp what I was reading.

The bus, I realized, was not planning to close its doors just yet. My fingers fidgeted with themselves, a habit that I've yet to overcome. Peering to Lora, I found her with a smirk playing on her lips as she rolled her eyes, patting an empty seat beside her with her hand. 

Knowing that everything would be more awkward if I stayed in the same seat, I hurriedly but cautiously grabbed my bag from the floor, shoving my phone and my headphones. Standing up, I noticed that he wasn't really paying attention to my actions which I was internally grateful for. "Excuse me," I muttered to him when I noticed that his foot was blocking my way towards my destination. 

Like a civil person which I know he's pretending to be, he closed his book and stood up from his seat and tried to get out of the way, only to brush his shoulder with mine. I swear I noticed Lora smirking from her seat and I did nothing but scurry away to the seat beside her with my cheeks tinging pink. "What a gentleman," Lora chuckled. 

My head tilted backward and groaned with my backpack raised to my face. "Stop it or I'll push you off of the bus." 

She only rolled her eyes at me before going back to her phone, scrolling down on songs to listen to. As I was about to mirror her actions, I had noticed Ashlee's blonde head peeking from her seat next to the aisle which was coincidentally in front of ours. When our eyes met, she rolled her eyes and whispered, "You wimp."

I only shook my head before I kicked her seat that made her jump. I smiled to myself before popping in my earphones to distract me. 

Twenty minutes or so had passed and I indiscreetly exhaled dramatically, thanking the heavens that the ride was over. The gates of the school were open, revealing the campus with seniors littered across the field and girls in groups whispering to each other. The vehicle came to a halt and the doors opened and I was more than ready to get off. 

Risking the glance, my eyes went towards him and I continued to stare as he carefully placed his book back inside his backpack and shrugging it back on his shoulders. With furrowed eyebrows, I hadn't realized that I was still staring until he looked up from the floor to me and gave a halfhearted smile before grabbing both of his backpack straps like a middle school boy.

Being the self-conscious being that I am, I fished for my handkerchief and started to wipe all over my face, trying to find any smudge of pancake syrup on my face that may probably explain why he smiled at me. No one smiles at me without the fact that I must have something on my face. 

He walked past me and I flinched indiscreetly when he almost brushed my shoulder with his elbows. His gaze was down at the floor and got off the bus, immediately heading to the building's doors to get ready for class.

When I had gotten off of the bus, I was practically staring at Lora with daggers possessing my eyes. "You nut." 

She shrugged with her lopsided smile. "You nut, he nuts, we all nut," she responded, nudging my side with her elbow. 

I only shook my head in annoyance and stayed silent until she brought it up again. "You had a moment, there." 

My eyes bulged at her and I inserted my fingers in my ears and began to shout, not paying any mind to the eyes looking at both of us. "He's disgusting." 

"Oh, I bet he is," she chided and winked at me to which I responded with a disgusted face. "How could you even say that?" 

We were about to enter through the doors and I quirked an eyebrow at her. "Because he just is." 

She scoffed. "Because he smiled at you?" I nodded in confirmation. "Julia, you don't just call someone disgusting just because they smiled at you. What did you want him to do? Pin you down on the floor and start licking your neck? Yeah, no, I bet that's not what you want." 

I blushed at the thought and shook it away before punching her in the side. She let out a yelp and glared at me. I smirked in satisfaction as we continued to walk to our designated classrooms, noticing that I've been smoothing out the part where I had been brushed.

I turned to Lora. "Hey, my stalker was-"

Lora cut me off with an annoyed look on her face. "Okay, you should really stop calling him "My Stalker", " she reminded me. "You can't just frolic around the school saying, "Hey, My Stalker brushed my shoulder with his elbow, now I have to rub my shoulder out of existence", or "Hey, My Stalker decided to give me a smile and now I know that he's a pervert" who wants to hook up with me."

I scrutinized her features before slumping my shoulders slightly. "You are frustrating," I muttered. 

"He was baptized for a reason, Julia," she sighed. 

"Fine," I grumbled as I continued to brush my arm.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Edited on May 10, 2019.

With so much love and chicken nuggets,

Brit❤