Chapter 31

Note: DO NOT PLAY THE SONG! You can only play it once I give the signal ;)

I sobbed as Lora caressed my back and I took a big bite of ice cream from my Nestlé ice cream tub. Yeah...emotional eating.

"Lora, I'm all out." I complained when I took a peek inside my ice cream tub.

"Shh...we'll get you another one tomorrow." She said and stroked my hair.

"You're a good friend." I said as I continued to smear some snot on her tank top. I was just crying so much but luckily, she didn't mind. She's a great friend and she's always there to comfort me whenever something's wrong.

She went to the bathroom quickly but as she came back to the bedroom, she found me sulking in a corner (I know. Pretty childish) and she hugged me tightly and caressed my back once more. I asked her if Ralph said yes that he'd be here for graduation and she nodded without any hesitation.  He'll come. And that made me more miserable.

I got up from the bed and stretched.

My reflection at the mirror looked repulsive. I didn't wash the smeared makeup on my face and my eyes were dominated by my huge eye bags.

Will called this morning but I didn't bother to answer. I know it's pretty dramatic to ignore him just for the fact that he can't come, but come on! Wouldn't you be sad if the person you hold so dearly can't come to a very important day? 

I tied my hair back and washed my face. "Stupid mascara." I mumbled. 

I saw Lora's figure as I looked at the mirror. She was standing with her arms folded across her chest. "Why won't he go? How stupid of him."

That triggered me. "I know right! I mean, Ralph and him are in the same class and Ralph always knows what Will is up to."

My voice lowered down into an annoying squeak. "Maybe he just doesn't want to go..."

"Bullshit!" Lora protested. "Why wouldn't he be here at Harvard to see you walk up on stage to receive your diploma?  Yeah, I know I usually call him an idiot like everyday but he's not that stupid to turn you down because he's fucking busy."

I didn't have time for this. The stress from class was sinking in and I couldn't cope with it any longer. I had to let it out at least for a while. I jumped on my bed and screamed with my face burred on my thick and fluffy pillow. 

"Girl, let it all out." Lora said once she sat beside me and fingered the lace of my crop top. "Just let it out. Don't cry too much though. I don't want to see snot dangling out of your nostrils."

"That's fucking disgusting." I commented. 

"I know." She mused. "You're disgusting too. And that's why we're friends."

I snorted and punched her playfully on the shoulder. 

She then placed her head on top of my stomach and exhaled. "Hey bitch..."

"Yeah, bitch?" Yes, we call each other bitches without being irritated about it. That's friendship. 

"Ever wonder if I never met Ralph and you never met Will?"

The thought haunted me and gave me a bit of a headache. "That would be horrible. If we never met them, then other flirtatious girls out there might have them. God, I hate the thought of that."

"True that. I mean, if Ralph was with another girl and he never met me, I'd get jealous of the girl who's damn lucky to have him."

"Same with Will..."