Chapter 24

Will and I were at the park for our anniversary. Will knows that I never liked going to fancy restaurants or anything like that for an anniversary. I just wanted a simple place to spend the night with him.

"Happy anniversary to the best girlfriend." Will said as he dipped his head down to kiss me lingeringly.

I smiled as he pulled away.

We walked around the solemn park until Will's phone buzzed and he answered. "Hello?"

He was silent for a moment until he ran his fingers through his hair and hung up, exhaling.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked.

"Babe, I'm sorry that I have to ruin our anniversary but I have to go to the hospital. I'll drive you home." He pulled my arm gently and I stopped following him abruptly. He raised his eyebrow at me questioningly.

"Tell me what's going on." I said.

He sighed and the sadness dominated his face. "I can't tell you. And I won't."

I felt a bit hurt that he was keeping a secret from me. "Will. Tell me." I demanded.

"There'll be a huge misunderstanding. You'll hate me and you won't give me a moment to let me explain."

"I don't give a fuck about what this matter is. Just tell me what's going on."

"I'll tell you when we reach the hospital." He bit his lip, like regretting to let me come with him. "And you have to listen to my explanation after I tell you."

"Okay..." I said unsurely and he opened the door for me as we went inside the car.

The drive going to the hospital made me uneasy. He drove so fast that I wished there were three seatbelts wrapped around me. The look on his face as he drove made me worry. He looked sad, angry and afraid.

We finally found a place to park. Will opened the door for me and he clasped my hand with his as we walked to the entrance.

His hand was cold. He was afraid.

We walked towards a reception area and Will began to ask the receptionist in a very low voice. All I could hear loud and clear was the receptionist who answered "Room 308 B fourth floor."

Will didn't let go of my hand until we were finally on the fourth floor.

His hand began to shake as we finally reached the door of room 308 B.

He tightened his hold on me as we went in.

When he finally opened the door, I saw a girl on the bed who was surrounded by tubes, her face filled with scars, the heart monitor catching every slow beat of her heart.

I began to shake and I turned to Will. "Who is she?"

He breathed heavily and he tightened his grip on me once more. "Rachel." He breathed. "My ex-girlfriend...we have an arranged marriage."

My whole body went pale. I couldn't feel the heat that I was supposed to feel when I was being surrounded by Will's presence.

I let go of his hand and stormed out of the room, dashing for the elevator with tears streaming down my face. The make-up that I used for our anniversary today stained my face. People made swift glances at me and others stared at my shaking body, confused.

I finally exited the hospital and went to the parking lot where Will's car was. I just needed to get my bag and call a taxi to take me home.

The tears in my eyes blurred my vision.

"Julia!" I heard him call out my name.

I ran away as I heard his footsteps coming closer every second. He wrapped his arms around me tightly and got us both kneeling on the parking lot pavement. I cried harder from the hurt that I felt. I tried my best to remove his arms but failed.

His arms were still wrapped around me and tears still spilled and we were both kneeling down on the pavement. I could feel his tears too.

Every single drop that I felt falling on the back of my neck made me happy that he felt pain too. But the fact of knowing that he was in pain too made my heart shatter.

"I'm sorry." His hot breath against my neck. "I'm sorry baby, I'm sorry."

I was just crying into Will's arms as he kept repeating that he was sorry.

He kissed the top of my head and placed his chin gently. He tried to stop my body from shaking. "I'm sorry Julia."

We both stood up and I wiped my tears as he removed his arms. I could still feel him behind me. He went near me and I stopped him by facing him. "You think I could easily forgive you?"

He went near me once more and I slapped his hands away from me. "Julia, baby, I'm sorry."

"Sorry? Sorry?! You think I'll forgive you from a simple sorry? Use your brain for this one Will! I knew that falling in love is the worst! I just had the feeling of being hurt by the people you give your heart to. I knew I'd be broken by you!"

I could see his tears falling freely. "Julia, I love you. You know that. You're the best thing that ever happened to me. I've tried for so long to talk to you and make you mine since the day I saw you at the church. I'm not letting that mean nothing." He stopped. "I didn't put so much effort in making you mine to break you."

"But you did." I faced him. "You did break me."

After that, I walked away with a tearstained face.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

I've been having some problems with this glitch or something. So, I'm sorry for that. But if there isn't a glitch, thank God.

Anyways, please be patient for the next chapter. Y'all know why I don't update often.

With so much love and chicken nuggets,

Brit❤