Chapter 5 - Edited

Will's POV

The sound of the bell's deafening ring entered my ears and I stood up from my seat, waiting for the people who were eager to get out of the classroom exit first. Julia and Lora were ahead of me and so I waited a bit longer before taking off to the men's bathroom.

The bathroom was empty and I consciously checked my hair from the sides and sighed, pouring water on my hands and slicking it to my hair, targetting the parts that had little strands poking out. My lips were pursed as I leaned my hands on the sink counter, breathing heavily. I smiled one more time in the mirror before walking out of the room to the lot where my bike was parked. 

My eyes were focused on the road that I was cycling on and I stopped the bike once I was right outside my house that wasn't as big as I hoped, but it fits everything I need along with my mother's. Unlocking doors with my keys, I took it out and tossed them to the key bowl on the table beside the doorway. I dropped my backpack to the ground and shed my jacket, hanging it on the coat rack. "There's a burglar in the house," I yelled casually.

I heard my mom gallop down the stairs, armed with a broomstick and glaring at the sight of her son before putting the broom down. She rolled her eyes. "A burglar who exited out of my genitals, apparently." 

I chuckled lightly and plopped down on the couch in the living room, raising both my feet on the coffee table and stretched my limbs. Mom intentionally hit the back of my head with a duster and that caused me to turn to her with furrowed eyebrows. "Any reason to why you assaulted me with a cleaning gadget?"

She stared at me for a minute, examining each part of my face down to the clothes that I was wearing. Her hands immediately took ahold of my jaw, rotating my head. "Did you shave today?" she inquired.

I took her hands off of my face and nodded, rubbing my jaw. 

Her eyes were squinted at me as if I had done something wrong until she smirked, leaving me completely oblivious. "You saw her today, didn't you?"

I was pretty sure that I was blushing at her statement. I scoffed and looked away from her, shaking my head as I reached for the remote on the table. "You're crazy."

"You did!" she squealed like a twelve-year-old girl with the duster clutched to her chest as she jumped around the living room excitedly. "Is she as pretty as you remembered?"

I tilted my head backward and groaned with my hand covering my face. "You are unbelievable," I muttered, flipping through the channels on the television. I glanced at her as she opened her mouth and I beat her to it. "No, I didn't talk to her, if that's what you're about to ask." That was when she threw a couch pillow at me.  

"You fool!" she exclaimed, watching me pick up the pillow that was on the floor. "I gave birth to a coward." She shook her head in disappointment before she sat beside me with her legs crossed on the couch. My elbows were propped on the couch and I looked at her before she said, "Let me give you some advice, Will."

I rolled my eyes and clicked on a channel that may keep me satisfied for a while. "I don't need it." 

She grabbed the remote from me and muted the television earning a glare from me. She sighed and patted my shoulder. "You've been wanting to talk to her for months, Will. Why haven't you done it, already?"

I simply shrugged, my eyes still glued to the men tackling each other on the screen. "She wouldn't want to be befriended, Mom. Especially not from a guy who's been following her for months."

Her face showed a pitying expression. "You won't know if you won't try," she said in a calmer voice. 

I exhaled dramatically, standing up from the couch to head to my bedroom. "I don't even like her that much," I lied and jogged up the stairs to my room, closing the door behind me.

I dove into my bed, making the mattress bounce in the process. My eyes trailed up to the ceiling then down to the digital clock on my bedside table. It was early in the afternoon when a wave o confidence hit me like a Rodeo bull. The next thing I knew, I was putting my shoes back on and grabbed my car keys.

-

Julia's POV

My eyes stared at the pink ceiling of my quiet bedroom. I was breathing shallow breaths when my mind had the audacity to swerve my thoughts to William. I scoffed at the thought of him but continued to think with my eyebrows knitted together. Bumping each other at that church was one thing but being coincidentally school mates was another. I wiped my face with my hands before I heard my name being called by the high pitched voice of Ashlee from the bottom of the stairs.

I waited to get up when I listened to Ashlee going up the stairs and started banging on my door. 

"What do you want?" I demanded, sitting up on the edge of my bed, fixing my shirt.

Her erratic knocking slowly subsided. "Just get down."

I grunted when I stood up immediately, cracking my knuckles. Lora and I were supposed to plan for my birthday and I considered the possibility that she must've been downstairs, waiting for me.

I went down the stairs and stopped abruptly. 

You have got to be kidding me.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Edited on May 11, 2019

With so much love and chicken nuggets,

Brit