Chapter 16

It was Monday afternoon at school and we were dismissed early. I was silent since this morning and I couldn't think straight.

Lora and the others kept asking me if I was alright and I nodded every time they did.

I decided to not tell Lora and Ralph about Will and I. It was because I wanted some time to really go with this new feeling.

Will was looking at me the whole day. He made swift glances at me and smiled. I smiled back at him. He mouthed the words "Are you alright? Do you want to talk?" But I just shrugged.

I was sitting alone at a bench at the back of the school building. I told the others that I wanted to go home early. Will wanted to walk me home but I declined his offer.

I just wanted to be alone. I couldn't think straight. The fear of being hurt by loving someone still haunted me. I knew Will wouldn't do anything to hurt me but there was a gut feeling inside me that told me to watch out.

I was staring off into space until I felt a strong arm wrap around me. It was Will. "Hey." He said.

I turned my head to kiss his cheek. "Hey."

"I knew you didn't go home yet." He said.

I smiled. "Yeah. You know me well you stalker." I teased. My smile quickly faded.

"What's wrong?" He asked. "Is there something bothering you?"

"I'm fine." I replied instantly. I couldn't tell him that I was afraid of being hurt by him. But I secretly wanted him to look deep into my eyes and tell me. "I know you're not fine" and will find a way to resolve the problem.

My eyes were staring blankly at him. He cupped my cheek gently as if he was afraid that I would shatter into pieces. "I know you're not fine my love."

My love. The name he gave me sent a wave of electricity all over my body.

I could feel his hot breath behind my neck. He then began to nibble my earlobe and went down to the lower part of my neck.

I turned to him and grabbed his chin to lower his lips down to mine and kissed him.

I parted my lips from his for a while then he pushed the back of my head nearer to lengthen the kiss.

"What the hell?"

We both bolted when we heard Lora's voice. She was staring at us from behind a wall with Ralph beside her.

"Woah man." He said. He winked at Will and laughed. "Damn bro, you're one lucky son of a bitch to kiss a hot chick like her."

I glared at Ralph and looked at Lora who was smiling at me.

I got my backpack and opened it. I buried my head inside from embarrassment.

Lora was laughing so hard at me and got my head out of my backpack. "Julia get your head out of the damn bag."

I was blushing fiercely.

Lora shrieked with joy. "Oh my God Julia, I knew it! I knew you would have feelings for someone!" She placed a strand of hair behind my ear and her loud voice turned into a whisper. "You kissed Will. Your stalker."

I grinned widely and rolled my eyes. "Oh shut up."

Ralph sat next to Will and patted his back. "Bro, you have no idea how fucking lucky you are to have her as your girlfriend."

"Umm." He laughed. "Thanks man. I sure am lucky."

I felt my cheeks turn bright red when he told Ralph that he was lucky to have me. Me. Julia Greene, the person who's weird, annoying and bitter.

I was trying to bury the old bitter me. It was because of Will. I love him so much.

The problem I have to resolve now is the fear of being hurt. Will won't hurt me. I know he won't.

***

Will walked me home with our hands clasped together. This intense feeling in my heart turned on whenever I was with him and all the problems around me are turned off.

We were in front of my house.

"Will..." I faced him. "Are you sure you want me as your girlfriend?"

He stopped walking and I stopped too. "Of course. You're a great girl and you mean so much to me. Ever since I saw your pretty face three months ago, I couldn't get you out of my head. You're the first person that pops into my head every morning and the last person that I think of at night."

I beamed at everything he said. "Thank you." I said shyly and kissed his cheek but he turned his head and kissed my lips.

"I'll call you tonight." He said.

I nodded and bit my lip.

He walked home and looked devilishly handsome as he looked over his shoulder to smile at me.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Sorry for the short chapter. I'll try to make the next chapter longer.

Vote, Comment and Share

With so much love and chicken nuggets,
Brit❤