Chapter 22

Will was looking at me the moment I stepped in his car. His eyes trailing down from my white off shoulder shirt down to my skinny jeans. Then looked back up to my lips.

"What?" I asked.

"I can't help it." He said as he moves his head closer to mine and dips in for a tender kiss.

I pulled away and smiled as Will placed a strand of my hair over my ear.

"Damn it!" Someone scowled. I turn to look out the window. Ashlee was there with her phone and a sad expression on her face. "Why did you pull away?"

I glared and Will laughed.

"You were watching us?" I asked.

"Yeah. I even recorded your sweet moment with him." She smirked. "Damn it Julia. Why the fuck did you pull away? It was getting good!"

"Give me your phone!" I demanded.

She stuck her tongue out like a kid. "Never."

Then Aunt Carla's voice boomed. "Ashlee Marie! I told you to leave Will and Julia alone."

"Woops." I heard Ashlee say and went walking back inside.

Just before she closes the door, Aunt Carla winked and mouthed the words I'll take care of it.

Will cleared his throat. "Well that was...amusing."

I could feel him smiling and I smacked his arm playfully. "Ugh. Can we just go already?"

"Alright beautiful." He clasped his hand with mine and raised it to his lips and kissed it. "I love you."

I rose up a bit from my seat to kiss him on the cheek. "I love you too."

***

Lunch was great. The food was very delicious and I couldn't help but take some teriyaki from Will's plate.
Delia was super nice and we kept on chatting as we ate. Sometimes she'd leave Will blushing with all the videos she showed me in her phone once we were finished with our meal.

Suddenly, two waiters were bringing a large bowl of ice cream heaven that needed to be finished by ten adults. Or maybe more.

My eyes widened and I gasped a little when I saw the huge bowl of ice cream placed in front of Will, Delia and I.

"Oh dear!" Delia exclaimed. "We need a whole village to finish this!"

I turned to Will. "Blame Will over here for insisting us to order this." I said.

"I thought it wasn't that big." He said.

"Well...we have to eat it." I said and they both stare at me as if they'd believe that we'd finish it.

Delia laughed. The three of us got our spoons ready and ate the mountain of ice cream.

"I'm absolutely finished with that!" I said while covering my mouth with my handkerchief as I made a little burp. "Excuse me."

Will took one more spoon than suddenly buried his face on the table. "God, I'm stuffed!"

I checked the bowl. We weren't even halfway to the bottom. I looked around the diner and saw a family of eight. The parents and six kids.

"Why don't we give this to them?" I suggested to Delia as I pointed to the family's table.

"Yeah. We could." She answered.

I stood up from my seat and tried to carry the large bowl but failed. "Damn this is heavy."

Will stood as well and helped me lift the bowl. Now I know why there were two waiters carrying this thing.

We reached the family's table and I could hear the mom scolding two kids and the dad scolding three more. One stayed quiet.

"Jimmy, Bobby and Claire! Sit down!" The dad told them.

"Ericka and Alex, stop spilling your water everywhere." The mom told.

I never knew it was this hard to have a family.

The dad finally noticed us. "Yes?" His eyes trailed down to the bowl.

"Well sir," Will began. "We couldn't finish this so we wanted to give this to you and your kids."

We slowly placed the bowl on their table.

The kids who were wildly playing and standing up on their seats noticed it and began to eat happily. They even stayed quiet.

"Thank you. That'll keep them busy for a while." The mom said.

I smiled and turned to leave with Will until the mom asked. "Do you have any kids?"

I turned back to them. "No." I answered. Kids? No! Never!

Will was just rubbing the back of his neck.

"Oh." The mom said. "When were you two married?"

Will turned his head to face me, his cheeks flushing.  "We're not married." He answered.

"Wow. You two look so much like a couple. Well, a married couple."

"Yeah. We're together but we're not married yet." Will smiled.

 "Well you two better marry each other soon

"Well you two better marry each other soon." The dad butted in.

I just smiled awkwardly. "Umm, we have to go now." I told them.

"Okay then. And thank you for the ice cream." The mom smiled which I returned.

Delia seemed to pay the bill already because she wasn't there. She was probably outside, waiting for us.

"What do you mean not yet?" I asked.

"You'll have to wait and see for me to answer that question" He answered as we interlocked our hands together.