Chapter 32

Don't play the song yet, peeps. Patience is a virtue.

My hair was finished, my makeup made me look even more beautiful and my flowing wedding dress made me feel like a princess.

I was outside the church doors, currently handling with my anxiety.

My bride's maids, Ashlee, Lora ran up to me with their heels clicking. They both scream as they came in and gave me a tight bear hug. "Jesus! Not the dress, not the dress!" I complain and they laughed as I fixed the fabric in annoyance of their actions. Then again, I was happy.

Aunt Carla came up to me as well looking beautiful as ever with her new hair and dress. Tears welled up in her eyes and her hands instantly fly up to her mouth as she looked at me in awe. "You look just like your mother." She came closer, holding my shoulders and looking into my eyes. "You look beautiful just like her."

I couldn't contain my own tears. I've been trying not to cry ever since this morning but now, the soft tears came down slowly and I didn't care.

"No, no, don't cry." She gently wiped away the tears.

"I can't help it. Mom and Dad should've been here."

"They're here, all right." She took her finger and gently placed it on my forehead. "In there." And slowly trailed down to my chest. "And in there." There was silence. "There will never be a day wherein they're not there with you."

I only smiled.

She bit her lip and linked her arm with mine. "Are you ready?"

I breathed in and out until I finally found my words. "Very."

You may now play the song.

The doors opened and revealed me. The guests immediately rose from their seats and gazed at me. No cameras, no video taking. I wanted it just like that. To walk down the aisle, only focusing on every step to reach the altar where my husband awaits for me.

Loving can hurt
Loving can hurt sometimes
But it's the only thing that I know
When it gets hard, you know it can get hard sometimes
It is the only thing that makes us feel alive

As I walk down the aisle, smiles on familiar faces surrounded me.

Step by step, I reached nearer to the altar.

A wide smile dominates my face and the tears that welled up in my eyes blurred my vision. But I can still see him. I can still see Will.

I blinked away the tears and that made my vision a bit better. It was like I was walking for centuries until I finally reached the altar.

I was being offered by Aunt Carla to Will who looked devilishly handsome in his tuxedo. That's my future husband right there.