Chapter 8

The inside was absolutely beautiful.

"I got it with the furniture all still in it, the guy was trynna get outta town real fast." I figured as much, no way would she have had time to even think about furniture, not when she was fawning over Bruce anyway.

"Well whoever he was had great taste, damn is that real leather?" I looked at the beautiful black leather couch.

"Yeah he was loaded, he basically gave me the place. Drug lord for sure." She shrugged and I nodded, wasn't surprised in the slightest. I mean who wasn't a drug lord in this city? The Gotham Gazette was always covering a new story on the drug busts.

"Well who cares? Let's get settled in shall we? I still need clothes." I was taken to Arkham with nothing but the beautiful dress Jerome had gifted me, they had thrown it away because it was pretty obvious that I wasn't getting out. They thought wrong.

"Yeah, your room's down the hall, first door on the right." She directed me and I nodded giddily.

"Awesome!" I exclaimed dashing into the lavish room that was almost larger than the one at Galavan's. "Ooh it's so pretty! Jerome will love it!" I turned to her and she stiffened, a small smile graced her features but it held pity.

"I'm sure he would." She sighed but I ignored her, too busy looking at the room that looked SO much better than Arkham. I jumped on the bed before completely flopping on top of it.

"I have never loved a bed more." I yelled, completely in love with the piece of furniture. "Don't you love this bed?" Selina laughed and flopped next to me her smile brighter.

"My bed's better." She argued and I turned to look at her.

"Dude this is the best bed ever your beds got nothing." My eyes got heavy as we continued to talk and before I knew it she was telling me to go have a shower.

"You can wear these pjs I bought the other day go have a shower and go to bed, you look dead." She stated and I gave her a sarcastic look.

"Wow, I know I can count on you to tell the truth." I caught the pjs she threw at me and entered the luxurious bathroom,  stripping my grotty clothes, tying my freshly dyed hair into a messy ponytail before turning on the hot water and letting the water hit my body.

This felt way better than Arkham.

I showered and changed into the pjs, leaving the bathroom and making a b-line straight for my room so I could get the first good night sleep in months. I called out to say goodnight to Selina and she yelled the same back to me, letting me drift off into an amazing sleep.

Selina had decided to wake me up by jumping on top of me this morning, flopping right onto my stomach in an attempt to wake me up.

"You suck." I groaned but she laughed at me and jumped some more.

"We have things to do and places to be." She exclaimed and I gave her a dirty look.

"What could I possibly have to do today? I literally just got out of an asylum cut me some slack." I grumbled.

"You need to get clothes, I say we go back to your old place huh?" The thought of going back to that place sent shivers down my spine. Was I ready for that? Meh, it'll be right.

"Fine, I need to borrow some clothes to get there though." She got a pair of clothes that I had never seen her wear and I assumed I'd paid for.

"Here, hurry up I've got other things to do today." I gave her a suspicious look even though I knew that she was talking about Bruce. She rushed me out of the house and we walked down the busy street to my old home. It was daunting how lose the two buildings were, and the vicious whispering of everyone on the street weren't helping.