Chapter 17

I hung up the phone and got back on my feet, already on my way to the car with Jerome following behind me. He unlocked the car and we drove back to the hotel so we could swiftly pack our things and begin the journey to Gotham.

"What do you think's happened?" He asked, his voice soft and he sounded as if he were walking on eggshells an extreme change.

"I don't know but god help them." I tapped my fingers on the seat impatiently.

"Don't worry, we'll be there in no time and I can kill whoever it is for ya!" He replied joyfully and I laughed lightly.

"They ruined our moment, I mean it was so cute and it felt like we were finally leaving the chaos behind only to be pulled back into it." I whined, annoyed that we'd been pulled from our first cheesy romantic moment.

"We can have plenty more after we've killed them." He assured me.

"If I wasn't so worried I would kiss you." All he did was laugh at me and we continued the relatively short journey from Metropolis to Gotham. I didn't say anything else, instead thinking up vile ways to mutilate whoever was stupid enough to lay a hand on Selina. My phone rang again but this time an unknown number, I answered it immediately hoping it was whoever had taken Selina.

"Riddle me this, riddle me that, what will you I do with your little house cat?" The voice stated cryptically on the other line.

"What have you done with her? Where are you?" I hissed hinto the phone.

"Wow the two of you really did well slaughtering your fan club hm? The blood stains will take ages to get out." The voice was that of a man, he hummed gleefully into the phone. "Don't you think so Selina?"

"Kat it's a trap-" The call ended before I could talk to Selina.

"They're at the warehouse." Jerome nodded and sped up further, we made it to the warehouse in seemingly no time, he had barely parked the car before I was jumping out of it. I'd swapped my black heels for combat boots but hadn't the time to change my dress in the time crunch.

I was ready to stain this dress red.

Jerome threw me a gun and I caught it with little difficulty, ready to murder whoever dared to hurt Lina. I sprinted into the warehouse just in time to see Selina tied to a chair and what looked to be a chandelier made from knives above her. She looked terrified to tears until she saw me, relief evident on her face.

"Kat! You need to get out of here!" She screamed to me before a voice spoke through speakers around the room.

"Yes Kat you should go, you're going to ruin my fun." I nodded at Jerome in silent agreement, he took off to find wherever the man was and I bolted over to Selina to help her get untied.

"I shouldn't have left you here I'm so sorry." I apologized as I began freeing her from her restraints.

"Kat you don't understand, you can't be here he doesn't want me he wants you." She tried to explain but I continued to untie her. I successfully undid all the ropes and she leapt up to hug me. "We need to get out of here." She muttered into my shoulder.

"You go, there's a white car waiting outside and its unlocked. I need to help Jerome kill someone." She looked hesitant but I pushed her toward the exit and watched her scurry into the street. I turned my attention back onto finding Jerome, I could faintly hear the sound of Jerome's voice and followed it up into an area I hadn't seen before. Jerome was stood in front of the man, gun pointed at his forehead.

"Nice of you to join the party Kitty Kat." I should've guessed from the cryptic phonecall that it was Edward.

"Don't shoot him." I demanded and Jerome looked at me in surprise.