Chapter 26

Kat's POV

Jerome let me go with him, making me call Selina for backup just in case Edward was there. Selena was more than happy to accompany us, needing to see Oswald anyway, plus her fury for Nygma was still so raw. "Ivy, the place is yours, feel free to look around we shouldn't be long." She looked stunned to be trusted so early but was grateful all the same.

We left for the Iceberg Lounge, all three of us heavily armed despite my lack of shooting experience and ability but Jerome insisted. The journey there was short and easy, perhaps too short, with the help of Jerome's stolen car. The building came into view and I saw the both of them visibly tense at the sight. I just prayed that the man who had caused such tension was not within the club and that we could ease in and out without any trouble.

"Ozzie! We've come to say hello!" I shouted from where Jerome kept me behind him. I let him do so, knowing it was for his sake more than mine.

"Kat? How good to see you, I see you've brought company. As much as I love your visits maybe we should reschedule this little catch up." His nervous smile was evident as he came closer to the three of us, clearly attempting to block whatever was behind him but it didn't take long for me to see the green suit and know exactly what he was nervous about.

"No need to put Query through the trouble of rescheduling, I'm sure she's far too busy wasting her intellectual ability in that shack she calls a hideout." His voice sent shivers down my spine and my mind reeling. It wasn't just me that had such a reaction either, both Jerome and Selina immediately got ready to attack him, stepping in front of me in an attempt to shield me from his view. "Hm, seems you've gained a couple of body guards, shame that didn't help you the first time." Jerome aimed his gun but I tapped his arm to ceasefire, not wanting any other patrons of the club to be harmed in the crossfire and for him to gain unwanted attention from the GCPD.

"What is that bastard doing here?" Selina growled looking directly at Oswald who looked completely stunned. The reasoning was obvious, his love for the man trumped all other thoughts of consequences. I couldn't hold him accountable for such decisions, making my fair share of unwise decisions in the name of my love for Jerome.

"Woah kitty put the claws away." Edward mocked and I could see the anger rise within her.

"I will kill you, you son of a-" Jerome reached for his gun again but it was Oswald that interrupted this time.

"Let's not cause a scene. How about we discuss what you came here for at a later date?" I nodded but Jerome and Selina were not quick to back down.

"That's a great idea, we'll be going." I speak up eager to leave the situation as swiftly as possible. My chest beginning to tighten slightly as my breathing became labored.

"Ah, she speaks. I suppose that means your training was not as successful as I thought it had been, clearly you still don't know how to hold your tongue until asked otherwise." Edward's confident chuckle and snide remark seemed to bring so many thoughts with it. My chest now felt weighed down and my vision slowly began to blur as I struggled to concentrate on the situation.

"How dare you-" Jerome spat but was interrupted.

"On second thought it seems it was somewhat successful after all." This time it was Oswald's men that stopped Jerome's retaliation, keeping their guns trained on the four of us in an attempt to keep the situation as calm as possible. Edward stepped forward, against Oswald's clear concern of both Edward and I's safety.