Chapter 10

"Miss Ferdine, that's really not how it works-" He rambled out, eyes wide.

"I'm sorry I don't think that was a question." I whipped back around to face him. "Get. Him. Out." I demanded threateningly. He frantically nodded his head.

"O-ok I uh let's see here I uh." He began to open the capsule and work on some science equipment he already had set up.

"Chop, chop Jerome doesn't like being kept waiting!" I called to him, perching myself on a metal railing as I watched him work.

"Oh it won't take long I promise!" He replied with a cheap knockoff of Jerome's laugh. The sound infuriated me as I jumped off of the railing, spinning him around to face me. I still had the knife in my hand from stabbing a guy.

"Laugh like that one more time and I swear Jerome and I will take turns severing your limbs." He nodded and I giggled sweetly, returning to the railing. It felt like forever as I was waiting for everything to work and for him to come back to me before Dwight let out a frustrated groan.

"No! No no no no!" He whisper yelled to himself and I stood beside him.

"Those 'nos' better mean you have got everything under control." I growled tauntingly as nothing moved.

"Well there are more options on what exactly you want Jerome to be." I glanced at him in confusion. "If all everyone needs is his pretty little face I can make that happen." His smile was devious as he pulled out a knife and got gloves ready. It didn't take a genius to figure out what he was doing. Before he could get anywhere near Jerome's face I ripped the knife from his hand and held it to his neck, backing him into a corner.

"Maybe I wasn't clear enough with my demands." I forced the scalpel closer to his neck, almost drawing blood. "I want all of Jerome alive and breathing. I will not settle for his face on whatever you want to call yourself. I am not one of the mindless followers you can give a horrible speech to and convince to follow your every word. I am Katerina Ferdine and I think you've underestimated just how far I'll go to get Jerome back." He was trembling beneath my small frame but he made no efforts to overpower me.

"Well, well looks like kitty finally grew her claws." A voice broke the tense silence and my hand immediately retracted from Dwight's neck and dropping the scalpel all together.

"Jerome?" I gasped, whipping around to find him sat lazily on the metal slab.

"Come on gorgeous, you didn't think I'd stay dead did you?" His tone was playful, as if he hadn't been dead for months. He wasn't dead! Oh my god I was right!

"I- you're here! You're really here!" I sprinted over to him and engulfed him in a hug, he was wobbly on his legs but wrapped his arms around me all the same.

"Looks like someone's changed their tune! Happy to see me?" Tears were flowing from my eyes at this point, he was just like I remembered.

"I waited for you in Arkham, so much has happened since you left and oh I missed you! I missed you so much please never leave me again." I sobbed into his chest and he stroked my hair.

"Never thought I'd see the day you were the one asking me to stay huh? Always knew you'd fall for me some way or another. Looks like you've finally realized that you're crazy too." I nodded eagerly. I was crazy just like him.

"I am! Even my therapist said so in Arkham! I'm just like you!" I exclaimed happily, my mind on overdrive at the thought of Jerome finally being back here.

"Well in that case that means I can finally to this." With that he placed his lips on mine. It felt just as phenomenal as it had on that tragic night months ago and I immediately knew that all that time waiting was worth it. He was worth it. I ran my hands through his hair, something I had dreamed about during lonely nights in Arkham and he pressed his tall frame against mine. He slowly pulled away at the sound of Dwight clearing his throat. "You." His voice lowered threateningly. "What did you do to make my Kat mad at you? Hm? She's quite patient you know so it would of had to have been big." Dwight was cowering in fear.

"I-I well." He stuttered out but I cut him off standing beside Jerome.

"This try-hard 'fan' wanted to slice your face off and where it." Jerome didn't seem to phased but I wanted Dwight to suffer so I bent the truth. "So he could kiss me." His eyes immediately darkened as he directed his attention to Dwight, who was frantically shaking his head at Jerome.

"That's a lie! She's lying." He accused me, which only aggravated Jerome further.

"Kat is a lot of things." He licked his lips and winked at me. "But she is not a liar." He turned back to face Dwight. "You see I don't really appreciate you accusing her of things." Jerome had steadied his feet and grabbed one of the knives from the table. "Now I'm going to stab you right in the neck for all you've done to her." Before Dwight could protest Jerome had already plunged the knife through his esophagus.

"You look hot when you're stabbing someone for me." I stated, standing with my hands on my hips and a sly smile.

"I look hot all the time." He replied with a smirk and we both laughed at one another. "Now that that's taken care of what do ya say we get the hell out of here! I'm starving." I nodded, letting him wrap an arm around my shoulders as we walked down the stairs but the commotion below us reminded me of what else we had to do.

"You are going to have to meet your fans first." I rolled my eyes, the group was pathetic.

"My fans? I'm pretty sure the only fan I've ever had is you." He winked playfully and I shook my head.

"Not anymore, take a look! You have like a hundred people here that love you or something." We walked all the way down the stairs and the sight of him sent the audience into a frenzy, people were losing their minds and I could tell Jerome was loving every minute of the attention. He found the microphone and with his usual Jerome flare he announced to the audience.

"Hello Gotham citizens!" The crowd continues going wild. "Would you look at how many of you there are wow! And mummy always said I'd never be famous." The audience seemed completely entranced by his undeniable charm and I couldn't blame them, falling victim to the very same antics. "It's a shame that I'm going to have to kill you all. Nothing personal I just think you're making my Kitty a little jealous and I can't have that can I?" They all looked around in confusion. "You see how this is going to work is whoever is the last left standing gets to come with us and wreak havoc in Gotham! Have fun!"

None of them hesitated in trying to murder those around them, it was a complete bloodbath, one by one they would mercilessly murder one another for a prize they weren't even guaranteed. They were imbeciles truly. "You are truly despicable you know that?" I asked turning toward him, he had a triumphantly satisfied smirk decorating his pale lips.

"You love it." He turned to me, tearing his eyes from the gruesome scene and locking them with my own. He pulled me closer by my waist and rested his forehead against mine. We both blocked out the terrible screams beside us and completely focused on one another. "You know what I never got to say?" Our breaths were intertwining between eachother.

"What?" I asked, my hands clasped behind his neck.

"I love you too." I smiled and slammed my lips to his, craving his touch far more after hearing those words.

-----------------------------

Jerome is back and better than ever wooooooo!!

Did I reunite them right? Was it better than you'd hoped? I hope so cause it took me a while to write jk jk. Updates should hopefully begin to become more frequent but no complete promises. Plus I'm sure this is at probably such an inconvenient time for all of you right now but I just need a little cheering up right about now and this is the best way to do it.

Ps I just published a Cole Sprouse fic called 'Camera Duels' for the lols, it doesn't have a cover or anything but the first chapter is up if you wanna check it out.

~Mikayla