Chapter 11

It wasn't long before the fandom murdered each other, leaving only one left standing. A girl, not much older than Jerome and I but boy was she pretty. Jerome beckoned her over and I stood beside him, mad that she'd interrupted our reunion.

"It's truly a honor to meet you!" She squealed in excitement, blood caked her clothes and her smile was crazed.

"The pleasure's all mine, always good to meet a fan right Kat?" Jerome bowed but the girl looked slightly confused.

"Oh sorry I didn't mean you." She turned to me. "I've wanted to meet you since I saw that story on your dad! How did you do it? You are such a badass!" She was speaking so quick it was hard to understand but the sentence brought a smug smile to my lips.

"Well it's always great to meet a fan right Jerome?" I taunted him and he rolled his eyes. "What's your name honey?" I asked and she was shaking, not in fear surprisingly.

"Courtney." She replied confidently and I smiled sweetly, Jerome didn't seem as pleased. "I just had to tell you how much I admire you and that you are such an inspiration!" She gushed and Jerome looked pissed that I was getting more attention than him.

"Well Courtney I am very glad to hear that! Now if you excuse me I've gotta be getting Jerome home before he gets too jealous of me getting more attention than him." I winked, patting her on the shoulder before leading Jerome out, convincing him not to kill her along the way. We began to tread over the mass of dead bodies and I chuckled at the amount of people that had killed themselves to get our attention, quite flattering actually. "Good job on the murders! That's pretty badass!" I giggled as I heard her squeal in excitement. Jerome and I didn't spare her a second glance as I linked my arm with his and we slinked our way through the dark alleys back to my apartment.

"Man it feels good to be alive!" He sighed. "I think you got prettier while I was gone, did you redo your hair?" He asked, twirling a lock of my fair between his fingers.

"Back from the dead and still a gentleman? However do you do it?" I laughed as he took my hand in his and we continued that way until we reached my apartment. Getting him in without being seen would be exceptionally difficult, can't have Jim knowing about him just yet. "I'll distract the desk lady while you sneak behind and get to the elevator, hold the door open and we'll go from there." I directed him and he smirked cheekily at me.

"Look who's calling the shots now huh?." I silenced him with a peck on the lips before telling him to stay there until she's distracted.

"Hi there! Long time no see am I right? I mean you aren't here too often so I really gotta know why that is? Just checking up on things or?" I heard the ding of the elevator and took it as my cue. "Well would you look at that, nice chat and all but I gotta get going!" She barely looked up from her page through the entire one sided conversation so I was positive she hadn't caught sight of Jerome. I skipped away from the front desk to find Jerome holding the door open for me as promised and I pressed the button to reach our level.

"You are getting pretty good at this criminal gig you know that?" He stated, turning toward me.

"I picked up a couple of things in Arkham." I replied with a cheeky smile. He immediately tensed at the mention of the place.

"Why on earth were you sent to Arkham?" His voice was gravelly and concerned.

"Oh that's right you were dead! You missed the part where I shot my dad for stabbing you." I explained casually.

"You what?" He questioned, trying to get the facts straight.

"Shot him, right though the chest. Tragic really, but it was worth it cause now you're here!" The elevator dinged as we reached our floor. "Here we are!" He followed me into the lobby looking completely confused.