3

"LeFou! Where the hell have you been? I've been searching all day for you! I've needed your help!" The man yelled, hopping off of his horse.

"I-I'm sorry, I was helping someone out. I was showing her around town," LeFou said nervously.

"Well, I'm sorry I ever thought you'd be of any use," he snapped back.

Claire turned to face the man. She recognized him as the one who barged into her room earlier that morning.

"Don't you talk to him like that!"

"Excuse me?" He asked taking a step closer to Claire.

Claire took a step closer to and him so that they were practically nose to nose, glaring at him. He was surprised that she wasn't intimidated the least bit. She put her hand out on his stomach to stop him from getting any closer to her. The feeling of his perfectly chiseled abs through his shirt made her just the tiniest bit flustered.

"You heard me. From what I've seen, all this man has ever done to you is be kind and loyal, and that's how you treat him? And if you need someone to blame, blame me. LeFou was showing me around. You should be ashamed of yourself!" Claire barked.

"I'll see you back at the tavern, LeFou," Claire said and briskly walked away.

"That girl was something," the man said, slightly smirking.

Her touch still lingered on his skin.

"Yes, well, you heard the lady, I must be going to the tavern," LeFou said and hurried along.

**

"Why do you put up with the way he treats you?" Claire asked LeFou.

"I've known Gaston for years now, he gives me somewhere to sleep at night and clothes. But I think somewhere deep down inside, he's really not that bad of a guy."

Gaston.

"Well, if you're so sure about that," Claire shrugged.

The tavern doors swung open again and the sound of boots stomping approached. Gaston sat down next to Claire on a barstool.

"What's your deal?" Claire questioned.

"Pardon me?"

"You walk around like you own the town. The only person you seem to care about is yourself and you're a complete narcissist."

"A girl, that bitch broke my heart and embarrassed me in front the whole village."

"Monsieur! Did it ever occur to you that she rejected you because of your behavior? I don't blame the girl! I would reject you too! Have a nice night," Claire said storming off.

"She reminds me of B-"

"Don't even say her name, LeFou," Gaston said shooting a nasty glare at him.

"Right. My apologies."