11

Claire awoke to sunshine shining on her face. She looked around. She looked next to her as there was another spot where someone slept. However, it was empty. Slowly Claire sat up and pulled back the blanket to show her leg. It was all wrapped up and bandaged. She also noticed that she was only in her slip.

She swung her legs over the edge of the bed and began to tiptoe, when a sharp pain coursed through her leg

She swung her legs over the edge of the bed and began to tiptoe, when a sharp pain coursed through her leg. She winced but kept walking. Claire walked through the bedroom door and heard someone moving around in another room.

She peeked around the corner to see Gaston, shirtless. There were many scars that ran down his chest, yet he was still extremely sexy.

Claire's eyes widened. Gaston looked in the mirror and noticed Claire around the corner.

"Good, you're awake. How are you feeling?" He asked as he buttoned up his shirt.

"My leg hurts quite a bit, but I suppose the pain is bearable," Claire said, "Did we, um, did we sleep together?"

"Well of course. My bed is large enough to fit two. Plus I wasn't just going to let you sleep on the floor," Gaston said.

"Oh, well thank you, I guess. We didn't do anything did we?"

"Define anything," Gaston smirked turning to face Claire.

"Um, you know-"

"No Claire, we didn't," Gaston chuckled.

"Oh, did you undress me?"

"Yes, I kind of had to, your dress was all muddy and bloody. I couldn't let you sleep in it."

"Thank you, Gaston, for everything, but I'm going to leave now. Goodbye," Claire said.

"Claire wait! Before you leave, I have a gift for you," Gaston said.

He reached behind the mirror and pulled out a dress. It was blue satin and had black lace all along the top.

Claire gasped, "Gaston it's beautiful! Thank you!"

"You're very welcome. It's the least I could do since your other dress got ruined."

Claire took the dress from his hands and put it on. It fit her perfectly and accentuated her in all the right places.

"I love it so much! Unfortunately, I'm going to need help with the corset strings," Claire said.

"Allow me," Gaston said.

He pushed her hair to the side and over her shoulder. He laced up all the strings and tied a bow at the end.

"Done."

"Thank you once again Gaston," Claire smiled and walked down the stairs and out the door.

She walked out into the village and made her way back to the bakery.

"Claire you came back!" Marie exclaimed.

"Yes I did," Claire smiled.

"What made you change your mind?"

"I don't know. I guess I like this town too much," Claire said.

"I'm glad you're back," Marie said.

"Me too."

"Louis!" Claire said walking into the bakery.

"Claire? What are you doing here? I thought that you left?" Louis asked.

"I was, but then something changed my mind," Claire answered.

"And what was that?"

"Never mind that. Louis I came back because I want to be with you. I want us to be together," Claire said.

"I want to be with you too Claire, but what about Gaston? He threatened me," Louis replied.

"Don't listen to him Louis. I promise you that he will never lay a hand on you again," Claire said grabbing Louis' hand.

"I know that we've only known each other for a short while, and I know I'm in competition for your affections-"

Claire cut him off, "There is no competition Louis. There never was and there never will be. It's only you,"

"I've never met a woman quite like you. I look at you and I see an angel. I'm in love with you Claire," Louis said placing his hand on her cheek.

"You are?" Claire said.

"Madly,"

"I love you too Louis," Claire said.

Louis leaned in and kissed her, "Since you feel the same way," Louis paused and got down on one knee, "Will you do me the honor and marry me Claire?"

Claire gasped.

"Oh my god! Yes I'll marry you Louis!" Claire giggled as he scooped her up in his arms and spun her around.

{Author's Note: Yes, I'm aware that this was rushed. The genre of this story is fantasy/Disney fan fiction so it's not going to be realistic lol. On a more realistic note, this is set in the late 1700's where the life expectancy was only in the 50's.
One of the comments that I've gotten on this chapter that pretty much sums up the whole situation was, "y'all gotta procreate before you die at thirty."

But anyways, thanks so much for reading and I hope you guys enjoy the rest of the story!}