17

"So, you and Claire?" LeFou asked Gaston.

"I don't know.." Gaston sighed, looking down at his drink.

"Well, what don't you know?"

"I'm worried. I just don't feel like getting my heart broken all over again,"

"I don't think you should worry. She seems like she likes you too,"

"Let's see if she still likes me after she finds out about what happened three years ago,"

**

"You and Gaston, huh?" Marie asked.

"Honestly, I don't know what I feel, I still love Louis," Claire said, "And everything is changing yet, I'm more me than I've ever been in my 23 years,"

"Well, there are things that we don't want to happen but we have to accept, things we don't know and have to learn, and people we can't live without, but have to let go. And if it comes, let it. If it goes, let it. Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire,"

"You're absolutely right. You're very wise for your age, do you know that?" Claire said.

"I only learn from the best," Marie replied.

They both sat in silence for a moment.

"Claire, I know that it may not be my place to say this, but I think it's something you should know.." Marie said breaking the silence.

"And what's that?"

"You can love a monster, and the monster can love you back, but that doesn't change it's true nature," Marie said.

"This is about Gaston isn't it?"

"Yes. I think that there's something that you should know before you two get serious. About three years ago, there was a beast in that castle," Marie said gesturing towards the castle.

"A beast?"

"Yeah. It's a long story. I can tell it to you another time if you like. Anyways, that beast turned out to be Prince Adam-,"

"Wait what?"

"Like I said before, it's a long story. But before anyone knew that it was the prince, Gaston tried to kill him. Shot him multiple times. All because he was jealous. He got the whole town to go with him and caused a whole riot. Then when they got to the castle, the whole town nearly all got killed. He left LeFou for dead. So the whole village hates him because of that. Even LeFou hated him," Marie explained.

"Wow," Claire said, "Is there more?"

"That night, he fell off the side of the castle. Everyone thought that he was dead. It still shocks me that he's even alive. I heard that he's got some nasty scars too," Marie said.

"What happened after that?"

"Everything was peaceful I suppose. It was a week later, he came limping into town. He basically threatened LeFou to be his friend again. The only people who didn't hate him were those idiotic bimbettes who almost faint every time Gaston looks at them,"

"But the town seems okay with him now?"

"They aren't. Everyone just deals with him because everyone is scared of him."

"Oh," Claire said.

"I hope that I didn't ruin anything for you. Just trust your instincts, intuition doesn't lie."