6

"Thank you for today, Louis, I had a lot of fun," Claire said.

"I did too, I'll see you tomorrow then?"

"You will indeed," Claire grinned.

She really was beginning to love this town.

On the way out of the bakery, she noticed a group of younger girls by the fountain. One of the girls, snatched a book from a girl who was sitting down on the edge of the fountain, and threw it into the water, laughing.

"You're just like Belle!" She mocked.

"Hey!" Claire shouted running over to them.

The three girls scattered in all directions. Claire reached in the fountain and pulled out the book. She did her best to dry it off and handed it back to the girl.

"Thank you mademoiselle Claire," the girl smiled

"No problem," Claire smiled, "And there's no need to call me mademoiselle, you can just call me Claire."

The girl nodded.

"What's your name?" Claire asked.

"Marie," the girl answered.

"Well Marie, don't let those girls boss you around. And whoever that Belle girl was, I'm sure she was wonderful," Claire said.

"Thank you, madem-, sorry, Claire," Marie said looking up at Claire.

"How old are you Marie?"

"I'm 15," Marie answered.

"I remember when I was 15, which wasn't all that long ago, I loved reading too. I got made fun of it too. But you know what? I didn't let those brainless girls boss me around. I hope you can do the same too," Claire said.

Marie smiled and nodded her head.

"It's getting late, why don't you go home and get a good nights rest. I'll see you around?"

Marie nodded again. "Goodnight Claire."

"Goodnight Marie."

**

The next night, Claire made her way to the bakery.

"Bonjour Louis! I'm sorry I couldn't get here earlier, I spent all day talking to the most lovely girl," Claire said.

Louis looked up and gave her a cold glare. He was wearing an eyepatch.

"Louis?"

He ignored her.

"Louis!"

"What do you want Claire?" Louis snapped.

Claire was taken aback.

"What happened? Is everything alright? Did I do something?"

"I think you know what you did," Louis replied.

"I-I'm sorry. I don't know what you're talking about Louis," Claire said quietly.

"Your friend stopped by earlier today. Why didn't you tell me that you had a suitor?" Louis said, lifting up his eyepatch to reveal a black eye.

Claire gasped. "Louis oh my god! I-I don't know what to say! I don't even have a suitor! I don't understand who would do this to you!"

And then it dawned on her.

"Gaston. Did Gaston do this to you?"

It felt weird saying his name out loud, but it flowed off her tongue so beautifully.

Louis nodded.

"Louis, I'm so sorry that this happened to you. I have to go take care of something. I'll see you tomorrow?"

"I guess," Louis said.

Claire stormed into the tavern. Gaston was dancing on the table. He hopped off and approached Claire.

"Claire, you are the most beautiful girl in town," Gaston started.

Claire took a step back. His breath smelled of alcohol. Then, he did the most unexpected thing. Gaston crashed his lips against hers. Claire pushed him away immediately, shocked and disgusted. She smacked his face with a loud crack. The whole tavern silenced and gasped in shock.

"Gaston! How dare you!! You bloody bastard!" She yelled, "And how dare you beat up an innocent man! All because you were jealous?! When I first arrived here, LeFou warned me about a man. That man is you. All you're looking for is an ego to stroke," She scoffed, angrily.

Gaston was truly at a loss of words as he rubbed his jaw, "An ego to stroke? I'd prefer that you str--"

Crack!

Claire slapped him again, "You son of a bitch!"

Without even thinking, Claire lifted her knee and let it hit where the sun doesn't shine. Gaston immediately fell to the floor, his face contorting with pain. He pursed his lips tightly together and balled his hand into a tight fist, digging his finger nails into his palm, trying not to let out a painful cry.

"You are nothing but a stone cold monster," Claire growled, her face red with rage and stormed to her room.