18

Claire walked around the meadow, picking the flowers. She placed each one carefully in her basket, making sure not to bend their delicate petals. Once she was satisfied with the amount, she got onto Katerina's back and rode back into the small village.

She sat down on the edge of the fountain and laid out the flowers in front of her.

"What are you doing?" Marie asked.

Claire looked up and smiled, "I'm making a flower crown. Want to see?"

"Sure," Marie nodded.

"Here, come sit," Claire said motioning next to her.

"Where'd you learn how to do this?" Marie asked.

"My mother taught me how when I was really little," Claire replied.

"So the first thing that you want to do is take all your flowers and lay them out in front of you so you can access them easier. Then you take take three flowers and begin braiding them together," Claire said braiding the flowers, "you see?"

Marie nodded.

"Then you keep adding flowers until you make the crown," Claire said holding up the finished product, "Just like that," She placed the crown on Marie's head and grinned, "Beautiful!"

Marie giggled, "Claire you are too kind."

**

Claire sat down at a table in the tavern. She rested her head in the palm and watched the liquor in her mug swirl. She glanced up and saw LeFou.

"Is there something on your mind?"

Claire sighed, "I was told some things about Gaston..."

"Oh dear....Was it about what happened at the castle?"

"Yes, is it true?"

"Unfortunately, yes, it is," LeFou said.

"Oh my god," Claire murmured, "He tried to kill a person! I don't want to believe this but I have no choice. This changes everything."

"What do you mean changes everything?"

"I don't know...I don't know if I'm beginning to feel something for him, but now...I kissed him LeFou! I cost my marriage and it probably wasn't even worth it! And I know Louis would never take me back after what I did. He basically hates me! Oh LeFou, what am I going to do?" Claire said starting to cry.

"Oh Claire, please don't cry," LeFou said softly, placing his hand on her back, "Everything will work out. I promise you."

Claire looked up. LeFou took his thumb and brushed away a falling tear. He hates when people cried, especially girls, being that they were not his forte. Claire smiled slightly at him.