14

"Please be safe," Claire said hugging Louis.

"You know I will love," Louis replied kissing her forehead, "I'll see you next Monday ok?"

Claire nodded and smiled back at Louis. He hopped on to his horse and galloped away. She watched him ride away until he was nothing but a speck on the horizon.

Claire walked to the fountain and sat on the edge.

She held her hand out and watched her engagement ring glitter in the sunlight with a mix of emotions. She sighed and placed her cheek in the palm of her hand.

"Bonjour Claire," Marie said.

"Bonjour Marie," Claire said, faking a smile.

"Is everything alright? You look kind of, stressed," Marie said sitting next to Claire.

"Honestly, I don't know."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"I'm not sure,"

"Well, when your ready, you know where you can find me. I'll see you around," Marie said getting up.

Claire nodded.

"I had a feeling that I'd find you here," a voice said.

Claire looked up to see LeFou standing in front of her.

"Why is that?"

"You seem to come here a lot. Is there something on your mind?" LeFou asked.

"Nothing that you should worry about," Claire said smiling.

"Of course. I will see you around town then?" LeFou said.

"You will,"

**

Days passed. Claire lost count of the days. She mostly stayed in her room at the inn. Claire woke up one morning and went back to the stables.

She stroked Katerina and put the saddle on her back. Claire led Katerina out into the town and got on her back. They rode out of town and out into the meadows.

The warm breeze whipped through Claire's hair. She took a deep breath and sighed. They stopped on top of a tall hill. Claire got off of Katerina's back and looked around in awe.

She could see the entire village. She saw a flowing river and mountains. On top of the mountain was a huge castle.

"It's all so beautiful," Claire whispered.

"Isn't it?" A voice said from behind Claire.

She jumped and snapped out of her moment.

"Gaston? What are you doing here? Did you follow me?" Claire asked crossing her arms.

"No. I happen to like riding too," Gaston replied.

"Right," Claire said turning her back to him and taking in the view once more.

"Claire..."

"What?" Claire asked, slightly annoyed, not turning around.

"I never apologized for what happened a couple months ago. I know that you've been avoiding me," Gaston said.

Did those words really just come out of his mouth?

Claire turned around to face him again. "Why did you do that in the first place?"

"I don't know.."

"Gaston.."

"You don't need to say anything Claire,"

"You've created so many problems between Louis and I, Gaston," Claire said, "Louis is suspecting that I might have feelings for you."

"And do you?"

"No," Claire said walking over to her horse.

She tripped over a rock and toppled into Gaston. He caught her making them both fall. Claire was now on top of him.

"Oh my god," Claire said beginning to get up.

"Claire wait, please," Gaston said grabbed her arm.

She stopped. Claire stared into his cold dark eyes. Gaston stared back into her sparking warm ones. Claire felt herself beginning to get closer.

Closer..

Closer...

Closer....

Claire pressed her lips against his. She placed her hand on his cheek. Gaston put his hand on her back while the other one cupped her cheek. They kissed slow and gently, yet passionately and hungrily.

"Claire?!"

"Claire?!"

Uh oh Claire.... 😏