22

"What?!" Marie said, "How?"

"If there's anyone who would want to get revenge on Gaston, it's Louis. I pretty much left him for Gaston," Claire explained.

"You should go take care of Louis," Marie said.

"I don't want to leave him," Claire replied.

"Claire, I'll take care of Gaston. You need to go handle Louis," Marie said firmly.

Claire pushed her way through the crowd of villagers and ran out of the tavern. She barged into the bakery. Louis was wiping off the counter and looked up.

"How could you?!" Claire yelled.

"What are you talking about?" Louis said, confused.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about Louis. Don't you dare play dumb," Claire said angrily, "Get out from behind the counter."

"What? Why?"

"I said get out from behind the counter!" Claire shouted, fighting back her tears.

Louis slowly walked out from behind the counter and turned to Claire.

"Happy?"

"Not even close," Claire said walking behind the counter.

Claire scanned the shelves looking for any evidence. Suddenly her eyes landed on a gun...

Claire snatched it up, "What the hell is this?" She cried.

Louis was silent

Louis was silent. Claire held onto the gun and walked out from behind the counter. Claire punched Louis in the face, causing his nose to bleed and him to stumble backwards and into a table.

"Fuck you Louis," Claire breathed.

As if on cue, two police officers walked into the bakery. They lifted Louis up and yanked his arms behind his back. Louis grunted.

"Louis, you're under arrest," They said escorting him out.

Claire stood there, frozen in her spot, watching as they took Louis out. Finally, Claire was able to walk out of the bakery. She ran back to the tavern. When she walked down the steps everyone was dead silent. They all turned to look at her.

"What's going on?" Claire asked.

Marie looked at her with sympathy.

"Marie what's going on?" Claire repeated, scared of what Marie might say.

"He's not breathing Claire....I'm so sorry,"

"What? No!" Claire sobbed, "There has to be something else that you can do!"

"I've tried everything Claire. I'm so sorry," Marie said quietly.

"Well try again!"

"Its no use,"

Claire collapsed over Gaston's body, sobbing. She grabbed ahold of his shirt collar and rested her head on his chest.

"Please come back to me," Claire said in between her sobs, "Please you have to wake up."

Marie watched Claire as a tear fell from her eye. It hurt her to see Claire in so much pain.

"Don't leave me, please Gaston," Claire cried, "I love you!"

Slowly, Claire felt arms wrap around her back. She opened her eyes.

"No need for tears darling, I'm alright,"

"Oh my god!" Claire cried, "You're ok! I thought I lost you!"

Claire placed both of her hands on Gaston's cheeks and kissed him like her life depended on it. When they pulled apart, Gaston reached up and wiped away the tears from Claire's eyes.

"Claire, I love you too," Gaston said to her.

"You heard that?" Claire asked smiling.

"Of course I did,"

**