13

"Claire!" Louis yelled, running towards Claire, who was sitting on the edge of the fountain.

Claire looked up.

"What happened back there?"

"I don't know, I guess I kind of freaked," Claire said.

"Do you really want to postpone our wedding?" Louis asked.

"Yes. I'm so sorry Louis, it's just I need some time to think about things," Claire answered.

"It's because of Gaston, isn't it?"

"No! I mean, I don't know..."

"Of course. I'll see you tomorrow then," Louis said getting up.

"Louis.."

"Please, just save it Claire. I can't deal with this right now."

"Louis!" Marie said running up to him.

"Marie," Louis smiled back at her.

"Are you alright?" Marie asked.

"What do you think?"

"You're right. That was a silly question."

"I just can't believe she chose him, that criminal, over me!" Louis spat, "My whole life, I've been nothing but nice, and this is the payment I receive? He doesn't deserve her, he never will!"

"I know. I tried Louis, I tried to steer her in the right direction, but it obviously didn't work. But do you hear yourself, what you're saying right now? You sound like him!"

"My god, you're right. The last thing I want to be is like him."

"Keep your head up Louis. She hasn't made her final decision yet."

**

"Claire, my father asked me to pick up some supplies for the bakery. I'll have to go to Paris," Louis said the next morning.

"How long will you be gone?"

"No less than a week. I leave tomorrow. I'll see you next Monday, alright?"

Claire nodded.

"Hopefully this will give you some time to think about our wedding," Louis said.

"Yes, hopefully."

I know that this chapter is really short but..
HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS!! STONE COLD JUST REACHED 1000 READS!! THIS IS ABSOLUTELY SURREAL SINCE I LITERALLY JOINED 1 WEEK AGO!! THANK YOU ALL SO SO MUCH FOR ALL THE LOVE!!
🌹❤️🌹❤️🌹❤️🌹❤️🌹❤️🌹❤️🌹❤️🌹