CHAPTER 11

Edited*

"So wonderful that all of you arrived safely!"

"Hi mom," Hunter hugs his mom gently.

As anyone can expect, Tani forced me to come with them and I really didn't have any objections. I went home after we hung out in the morning to "get some clothes" when I was actually going to make Stephen some lunch and store it in the fridge.

As usual on weekends, I never show my face and he barely does either so, I want to give the impression that I'm home and simply decided to go to sleep early. If he calls me down though, he'll know what's up so I make dinner as well. Hopefully he'll be too busy stuffing his face with food to care about my whereabouts.

Now, we're all standing behind Hunter as his mom meets us at the porch. Immediately I get blown away by the small similarities I spot between them and it makes me smile at their relationship.

"Momma!" Chris yells, pushing Hunter to the side to grab hold of Mrs. Knight.

"I'm glad to see you three boys. How have you been?"

"Great, trying to survive being around Chris 24/7." Cole says before moving to the side.

At this point Chris had entered the house, yelling that the man of the hour had arrived, but no one inside seemed to pay him any attention. With Mrs. Knight looking at us now, I was thankful to be standing behind Tani and David.

"So, these are all the infamous people you talk about?" His mom questions and Hunter nods.

"Yes, this is David and Tani," He begins, letting his mom greet them before looking at Ang and I. "And that's Tori and Angela."

Mrs. Knights sighs. "You girls remind me of my youth."

Tani moves aside to let her see me as Angela gives her a hug.

"But you're young. . ." I mutter to myself seeing as she is in tip top shape everywhere.

Mrs. Knight gushes at me and I swallow my spit, after hugging her. "Smooth talker I see, darling."

"Oh, sorry I didn't mean to say that out loud."

"No worries! That was a compliment that I love hearing. I'm Hailey by the way. I'm glad you all could make it!"

"Well, thank you for inviting us, Mrs. Knight. This is a lovely home." I display a smile on my lips as she does. Only hers is warm and makes me feel calm.

"Oh dear, the pleasure is all mine and call me Hailey."

"Well," Ang begins. "With a house this beautiful, I imagine the inside is only better, right?"

We all release a chuckle, before Hailey invites us all inside. James and Cole have the double doors opened for us, allowing Tani, Ang, and I to enter first before they follow. James enters just after me, letting the door slam shut on David.

I giggle, looking back at him confused becaude it was Chris afterall who did that to him, not David. He seems to understand my lack of communication and walks closer.

"I wanted to see how much fun it'd be. Now I know why Chris did it to me." He smiles, shrugging at David behind him who's grumbling about getting his revenge.

We are led to the living room where a few people are talking to each other. Before we can continue, Hailey turns around, looking at Hunter who's now standing besides her.

"Oh right," she mutters. "Your father said he needs to speak to you."

"Okay, is he in his study?"