CHAPTER 40

We discussed everything that needed to be addressed and the meeting was adjourned.

"Hey sis, I was wondering if I could talk to you?"

I nod at Lync and kiss Hunter's cheek as he reluctantly lets me go. We walk out the meeting room but before leaving Hunter holds my arm.

"Ill be in the kitchen when you guys finish." He says and I nod offering him a smile which thankfully has him smiling back at me.

These past two weeks have been stressful for him. More than ever. His grandmother died and there was a big funeral and everyone was there. It was in Texas. I met his other relatives and saw his parents again.

We met his parents in the hospital and then we took them to the grandmother, Alicia's house. Well more like mansion because it's huge.

Extremely huge and I actually found out that Hunter's Grandfather was involved in the mafia. He left his money to his wife, Alicia, in his will, who then left her money to Hunter's mom, her daughter and for Hunter as well in her will.

Although Hunter never showed it, doesn't show it, I knew he was stressed about everything.

Especially since a few days before us leaving to Texas, the seers had a talk with us about how there is a war coming.

They saw it in their dream but they only know that it is with our pack. We have yet to discuss more on that issue.

Now apart from that problem, Hunter finally got rid of Stephen. Yes he has been killed, in fact it is a tradition for the Luna to be with the Alpha to witness this, especially when the Luna was attacked by that person but I couldn't.

It just was not going to happen. After Stephens death, Bryan was killed as well. That night Hunter held me as I unwillingly thought of all the pain they brought to me. Stephen more than Bryan.

In fact I had a nightmare that night, that they had gotten me and history was repeating itself. I cried almost all night and I hated it but I couldn't help it.

Hunter tried to calm me down and stayed awake with me untill I finally fell asleep.

At least those are two people I won't ever see again.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Lync says fo me as we walk out towards the garden that's a few feet away from us.

"Just thinking of my life." He nods and sighs.

"What about it?"

"Nothing. Just that...Stephen is actually dead now, and I find it hard to believe."

"Why?" He asks as we reach a bench. We sit and I stare ahead as he stares at me.

"I don't really...know. I guess he just hurt me so much that now that I know he no longer will, Im relieved. A little too relieved."

"So what? That's good. You should be because he is out of your f*cking life now." I can feel how mad he was for what Stephen did tome since he almost never cursed.

"He won't come to hurt you again. Besides you have all of us to protect you in anything." I smile appreciating his kind words although I know that's not why he asked to speak to me.

"I appreciate it bro. But what was it you really wanted to talk to me about?"

"Damn, being with Hunter has taught you to get to the point. Geez. Well I wanted to ask if you have...."

I tuned out after that since all I remember was falling to the floor in agony. Nothing but agony and pain. I screamed loud, so loud that I was sure the neighboring pack heard it.