CHAPTER 13

Edited*

Go baby!" Dad cheered for me.

"You got this baby girl! Come on Tori!" My mom cheered as well. They had a poster with the 'You Got This' sign. I was playing soccer with my team and we were winning. We scored again until one girl came and pushed me, making me land on my ankle. While on the floor, I turned to her and grabbed my ankle immediately as she smirked at me. She was kicked out by the ref, never denying what she did, and I was helped by the nurses. I was able to stand up again with difficulty and that caused my friends, parents, and other people to cheer.

"I can take a shot." I said to the referee even if my ankle was throbbing.

"No, it's dangerous."

"Coach Please. I can't walk away and give her satisfaction. She did this so I can't score. She knows I wouldn't miss and that would make her team lose. Her goalie sucks." I was given the ball after a hesitant nod. It was placed at a certain distance as I adjusted myself and ignored everyone. Ignored the pain.

Just me and the ball.

As I was running to take the shot I fell in this dark black hole. I must have fallen for a while since I landed on the cold and dirty ground later than I expected. My ankle was no longer in pain and I looked around and called for anyone. My parents to be exact, but no one came out until I stood.

In the darkness, ahead of me a light came on and the figure of a boy was standing before me. He was playing with two adults, and another kid, but I couldn't see the faces of the other people. They were running around and making noise and then the little bubble disappeared. 

Despite the dark void around me, I felt a bit at peace and empty at the same time.

_______________________

"Okay class, so today we will be taking notes on the power point. I want you ready for the upcoming test and this will be an indispensable factor needed in order to pass. . ." Mr. Hens voice continues on, talking about the importance of paying attention and how we're going to graduate soon, but I wasn't in the loop anymore.

Different conversations are openly broken out while students take out their notebooks and the boys are no different. They tease each other and come up with interesting ways to roast each other that even if they notice my silence, they make me laugh.

"You all disgust me! Pineapple on Pizza is like saying pickles on pancakes," Chris mutters, giving us all a glare as if we've been betraying him. "You choose to love something that. . . vile."

"What's vile, Chris," Hunter speaks out from where he sits across from me, still looking at his notebook. "Is how you can sit there knowing you didn't wash your hands after using the restroom. Viruses exist you know."

"So does hand sanitizer."

At this point, Cole was holding my arm with both hands. "Please, let's switch. Switch with me and I'll always buy you any food you want."

"No, no switch with me." James impatiently says after. "If you switch me with, your wish is my command."

"Second one sounds more convincing." Hunter remarks to me, glancing up to let me see those big blue circles.

"You think so?" I ask moving closer to him by leaning over my desk and Hunter does the same. I glance at James just like Hunter glances at Cole.

"Mhm. With James, you choose what you want. With Cole, it's limited."