CHAPTER 45

A WEEK LATER..

So this has been hectic.

In one week I trained with Lync and Aunt Darcey and we did everything a Lyncan wolf is suppose to do. Who knew it was so complicated and harsh to train our body and our mind. Considering Lyncan wolves are rare and different, we can't just run a few laps, do a simple workout for our upper and lower body, practice fighting with one partner, and then end it with something not too challenging. No. We have to use the running machines to go to full speed for ten minutes, which let me tell you, is VERY exhausting.

I may be a wolf now, but I'm still human and this has not been going on for long. We have to fight at least ten wolves at a time which mind you, only an Alphas practices, we have to do extreme workouts to be able to control our bodies when our wolf has to fight, we have to climb trees and get back down in under five seconds. I'm not lying. Tall trees, in five seconds- I got nothing but blisters.

I'm not used to my wolf who talks to me a lot, I'm not used to wanting my mate close to me almost all the time. I am not used to any of this and that almost frustrates me as much as Lync was when he kept pushing me to do more because he said I was being lazy with the workout. I was panting by the time I was done which means I gave it my all.

"Oh come on, you can't tell me you're tired already. We have more laps." Lync exclaimed while gulping down the cold water he brought. I was basically panting by now unsure of why I agreed so easily to do this. I mean, I didn't think I had a death wish, I realize I do now.

"Tired doesn't even cut it. I'm out of breathe. I seriously need air."

"Which makes sense Tori," Aunt Darcey said with a grin while standing up to walk to us.

She had been sitting down watching us and telling us how to correctly do something, or more specifically telling me what to do better. I didn't mind since she is only helping me. I moved away from the machine and walked to her.

"Don't worry Tori, Toni here is just so used to this by now that he doesn't remember when he was pleading at me to go easier on him." Lync grumbled and picked up his towel. Clearly not amused with Aunt Darcey saying that about him.

He spoke up after a second with an eye roll. "I don't seem to ever remember that in my life because it ever happened."

"Of course it didn't." Aunt Darcey said sarcastically and I chuckled while sitting down to let my sore legs rest. I drank water and thankfully after a deep breathe, my heart beat lowered to it's almost normal rate.

I stretch and glance around the area. We're in a gym right now in the pack house. We've been here for about three hours now and yet Lync told me as we walked in that the most he ever worked was for about five hours.

"You've actually handled this better than I did when I first began." He said looking at me and taking a seat on the floor in front of me. His hair was disheveled and messy but he wasn't sweating as much as I was which made me a little mad. I mean, I understand he has done this before, but he can definitely tone it down a bit so I won't be the only one looking like utter mess.

"You really think so?"

"Yes," I glanced at Aunt Darcey quickly and saw her nodding her head.

"I couldn't even speak after the first two hours because I felt that I needed all the air I could use for my lungs." I laughed at that and used my towel to dry off my neck. I was so sweaty, I felt the urge to shower right now, but we still had quite the workout to do.

"It doesn't surprise me actually," I said as he raised his eye brows at me with those green eyes vividly curious to where I was getting at. "I've always been better than you. Younger or not."