CHAPTER 31

*Edited

After that long meeting, I got to properly talk to Jack and Terrain. We were introduced and I felt welcomed around them no matter how serious they look with scars on their faces and the veins that you can see on their arms.

Eventually, the idle conversation was done and we were all heading home meanwhile it was time to meet the seers.

Aunt Darcey was currently out, doing some relaxation on her own. She's not too informed in any of this which was Lyncan's suggestion. According to him, she gets worried easily. But, she agreed to come with us to see the seers even if she's rather scared of all this "werewolf" talk.

"Where we meeting up?" Lyncan asked standing by James' car.

"My place," Hunter said and everyone nodded.

In our separate cars we went, agreeing to meet in about half an hour. The entire time, I reminded Hunter to double check his information about Derrick. It wasn't that I didn't trust his word, I just felt bad for thinking negatively about him and if we're wrong, it'll only make things worse.

"I will, don't fret. The last thing you need is to be stressing over everything."

"I know, I won't."

"How do you feel about seeing the seers?" He glances at me, his eyes soft and unguarded.

"Eh, not too bad. I guess I just want to get it over with you know?"

He nods catching hold of my hand, intertwining our fingers. "I could say the same."

Once we arrive at his place, we step out only for me to begin to feel pain in my head. It was harsher than anything before. I kept it in as we walked inside until I dropped on the couch, rubbing my head carefully.

"You feeling alright?"

Hunters' hands make their way to my head, softly messaging it like I was. It allows me to relax.

"It's just a headache and stuff like that."

"How long has it been like that?"

"Not too long," only a few days. "It's nothing medicine can't fix."

"If you're not feeling well, the best thing would be to get you checked," he muttered, messaging my neck as well. "I'll call my doctor to come."

"No seriously, I'm okay. I'll get lots of rest and drink more fluids," and do whatever it is people do when they get headaches. "There's no need to have a check up with the doctor."

Standing up to stretch, I allowed Hunter to hug me to him. With steady arms, I was engulfed in his warmth already beginning to feel better.

"Okay fine. I won't call her, but I'm sticking to you like super glue."

"Be my guest." I smile.

Just then he recieves a call from Chris. Taking the call while I sit on the couch, he hands me a water bottle that I gulp down in hopes to get rid of my growing headache.

"Everything good?"

"Yeah, it's just that I have to go with Chris and the guys to do something. It won't take long."