Chapter 2

What...the...hell? I looked around, and this was definitely not my room. This isn't even my parents' room. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I was wearing a dark purple bodycon and had my makeup done. How did I even go to sleep like this?!

I see a watch on my hand. I marvel at it as it reflects the light. How did I even afford this? Focus. I think back to the last thing I remember. I went home after work. Maybe I went to a party and got drunk. Wouldn't be the first time. I laugh to myself. Welp, that's what I'm going with.

Although that doesn't explain how this same flower got here. Hangover hallucinations. That's a thing, right? If it isn't, then it should be. As of now, hangover hallucinations are a thing. I'm writing that in Urban Dictionary when I get out of this place.

I climb off the bed and check the hallway to see if anyone's coming before going out. The door to the bathroom is open so I walk in there. Makeup slays as usual. I do a zig zag snap. Now is not the time. I need to find my shoes and get out of here. As I turn around to leave, I stop at the sudden appearance of someone in the doorway.

"You're awake." He chuckles. Wait a second he looks familiar. I squint my eyes and take in his guise. He's from my dream! Am I still drunk? High, probably. I pinch my arm behind me back. Nope not dreaming. Just high.

He brings his hand from behind him and holds up a pair of heels. Those are the cutest heels I've ever seen! Is that six inches? I'm impressed. But, I can't just leave in someone else's shoes.

"Ummm I don't-I don't think those are mine." I squeak then purse my lips.

"Oh really? What about these?" He holds his other hand up with nude stilettos.

"Now those," A smile finds its way across my face. "are mine." He hands them to me. Even though they're not, they're mine now. I sit on the toilet seat and put on the heels. "Care to explain what happened last night?" I sit up.

"Well," He sits on the floor in front of me. "we made a seven-layer cake for dinner, spent an hour cleaning the mess we made, and fell asleep in the basement." Thank goodness I didn't hook up with this dude. Not that I wouldn't want to. Winkety-wink.

"Glad we had fun. I'm assuming this was your party since I'm still here." He raises an eyebrow at me, then shrugs.

"If you wanna call it a party of two, feel free."

"Party of two hundred?" I cross my legs, and put my elbow on thigh to hold my head up.

"No...." He trails off. "You ok?"

"Yes. I'm fine. I'm just trying to figure what happened." Jeez, is it too much to ask? All you have to do is explain the story so I can clock out.

"I already told you." He laughs, but I don't find this funny, at all.

"Yes, but I need to know how I even got here." I tell him, bringing my arms out in exasperation.

"You want me to tell you the story on how we met?"

"Yes." I sigh. Clearly.

"It was a dark and stormy night." He says in a funny accent and I can't help but laugh. "You were sitting at the bus stop and it was pouring. Lighting, thunder, all of that. So I'm driving in my car and see this person all alone in this storm. I stop the car and I'm like hey, do you need a ride, and you're like well I don't wanna sit here all night. You get in, soaking wet, all over my leather seats. I was fine with it though because you were pretty."

"Belated apologies."

"Apology accepted." He snaps at me and winks before continuing. "You gave me the directions to your house, and then latterly realized you lost your keys. Long story short, you slept at my house, and boom, sparks flew." He draws a heart shape with his fingers.