Chapter 4

I held an imaginary cup in my hand and pretended to drink it. Then I crossed my eyes, stuck my tongue out, and slid a finger across my neck. Everyone stared at me blankly and confused. I did it again and stuck my hands out, acknowledging them to respond. For the love of-

"I'm drinking bleach!" I yelled. They all oohhh-ed. I saltily walked back to Kevin and leaned on him. "I hate this game." I shrugged and shook my head. Starting now, this is my least favorite game. "Tell the creator of Charades that they're losers." He put his arm around me and rubbed my arm.

"You say that every time you lose or no one can guess what you were. Then you play again." He chuckles. I cross my arms.

"I don't care. This game is still stupid." I swear I'm never playing again. How was that hard to guess? That was actually an easy one compared to the others.

"Siaani, do you want to go again?" Kevin's mom asked.

"Yes!" I eagerly stood up and picked a card. What? A girl can't change her mind? Jeez.

|° • ° • ° • ° • ° • °|

They actually got it this time. My card said 'Gotta Blast'. I almost fell over the coffee table, but they guessed it, so it's fine. I naturally lingered around Kevin since he's the only one I actually know, barely. He didn't mind though which was nice.

"Siaani." Shari calls me mid-bite in a mini panini. "Mall time!" She claps twice. I'm not gonna lie here, but I rather stay with this food than go shopping. I already have so many clothes, and these paninis are delicious.

"You just gonna steal her away from me?" Kevin pulls me close, pushing my hair in my face.

"Yep. She likes me better anyway." Shari pulls me back and puts an arm over my shoulder. I almost dropped my panini! If I did there was going to be a problem.

"What? You smack. Siaani, who do you like better?" Kevin asks with a knowing smile.

"Uhhh....I like this panini." I take a bite. Yea, I like this panini. They both laugh, like I was joking. Whatever floats your boat.

"Don't get into trouble, alright? That goes for the both of you." He kisses my cheek. I had to stop chewing for that. He better be grateful.

"Kev, you know I'm the older sibling, right?" Shari, older sister, got it. "Don't worry, we got this." She puts an arm around my shoulder. He gives us a skeptical look before walking away. I follow her to her car, which is as nice as Kev's. "As you know, I don't like to drive because I get nervous, but I've gotten better. Promise." She gives me a reassuring look. How bad was she before?

|° • ° • ° • ° • ° • °|

Each time we stopped, I leaned up in my seat halfway. She almost missed a few stop signs so we jerked up. She also crossed the pedestrian walk line twice and backed up each time, but other than that it was an ok ride. Honestly I'd probably be worse because it's been a long time since I've driven a car.

We ended up going to Pacsun. I've never stepped foot in here. It smells like cute clothes in here. Don't judge me. These shorts are eighty dollars! That's more I get daily. Well used to. Your girl's rich now. I eagerly grab the shorts. I don't think I've ever felt cloth so expensive. I'm in paradise.

"Siaani, try this on." She tosses me a dress. I barely catch it and head to the dressing room.

"Just one?" She asks. I nod then give Shari my shorts. The lady gives me the card that says one before I go to change. Let's see what we have here. I put on the dress and look in the mirror. This is so pretty! I'm buying this.