Chapter 9

"And for you." He hands me a rose.

"You didn't even pay for that." I laugh but take the rose.

"No one saw." He shrugs. That reminds me of something. Well, half reminds me. It's right at the front of my brain. Oh yea! That flower from my dream. Where did I leave it? I still don't know how it just came here, or why it did. Weird stuff, but oh well. Doubt I'll be seeing Ms.Yulema anytime soon. I wonder where she's off to now. "Almost midnight." He opens the door for me.

"Time flies." I comment as I get back in the limo. Home to Kevin! "You never showed me the song." I mention.

"It's nothing permanent, just some mind scribbles." He hands me a piece of paper. A lot of scribbles indeed.

Materialistic

The basis I think

It's what he gives her, not what he vows her

But it's not her fault

It was love she always sought

Hard to imagine she ever thought

That sex was love

That poor little dove

Everything was surface

The empty reoccurrence

It's all she ever knew

That's why her love is see through

"Wow.....this is.....I'm currently speechless so I'll get back to you on that." He satisfyingly smiles and looks out the window. It feels so explicit since it's about me. He really pulled out of those questions. I want to ask questions about it, but at the same time, I don't think I wanna know. I just can't wait to see Kevin again.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Kevin!" I jump on him and hug him.

"I missed you too, baby." He wraps his arms around me. "Take care." He says to Russ before closing the door. "You're not getting down yet, are you?"

"Nope." I grip tighter to him. He smells so good.

"There's some of my leftover crepes if you want to eat them."

"No, I rather have you."

"You rather eat me?" He asks, clearly amused.

"I didn't mean it like that." I start to burst into laughter, and he starts to laugh too. "I meant I rather just be with you."

"Oh ok." He stands in front of the couch. "Your stop, Mrs. Alston." Was that a pre-heart attack or did my heart actually flutter? I'm going with the second one.

"It's not if Mr.Alston isn't stopping here as well."

"I'm the train." He chuckles.

"I don't have a stop then." I lean back to look at his face. "I love your eyes."

"I love your smile." His kiss kinda catches me off guard. "There it is." He taps my nose, making me smile even more. "Were you crying today?" He furrows his eyebrows.

"N-No....." I trail off and avoid his eye contact. "Why?"

"I can tell." He turns my face to meet his sincere eyes. "What happened?" He starts walking to the room.

"Russ wanted to write a song about me," He lays me down on the bed then lays next to me. "and we got to the topic of my past relationships."

"Was it Mark?"