Chapter 7

Before Kevin started driving I just had to change. All that jogging, man. After that though, I found out that Kevin got me tickets to a Russ concert.  He knows a guy who knows a guy....I think he knows a guy too, but anyways, and that guy hooked me up with a meet and greet. I'm going last people, last!

"Don't rip my arm off." Kevin chuckles. I loosened my grip on his arm and tried to jitter less while walking. I'm too excited.

"You're the best. Thank you so much." I wrapped my arms around his neck and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "This is the best birthday ever. Russ is literally my favorite artist. You're my favorite person for doing this. I never would have guessed that you got me tickets to here."

"We have to keep walking." He smiles. I heard him but my mouth wanted to to keep going.

"I would have done anything for this, but here is am, did nothing and I have them. Now I'm actually meeting him." He wraps my legs around his waist, and I tighten my arms around his neck as he starts walking. "The actual Russ, I'm going to be face to face with him, and hear his music live. Live, man, live. " I babbled on the rest of the walk there.

Kevin seemed unbothered, but I knew he was listening which was nice. Anyone else would have told me to shut up, but he actually listens. He doesn't make me feel stupid when I talk. He lets me express myself. He takes my mistakes pretty lightly. I don't have to constantly beat myself up for it. Even now, I know that he'll always be there for me.

"Babe, you ok?" He asks. "You just went silent on me there."

"Yea, I'm fine. I just really, really like you." I hug him tighter.

"I really, really like you too." He laughs. "I might even say I love you, if I'm not going too far." He teases me.

"I really, really love you." I start to play in his hair. It's so soft. After a few more minutes, we make it to the stage.

"Kevin, long time no see." The guy standing at the bottom of the stairs fist bumps Kevin. "You must be Siaani. Nice to meet you." I shake his hand.

"You too." I smile.

"By the looks of it," He glances at me hanging on Kevin. "she's not falling for Russ's little charm." He laughs.

"His charm?" Kevin asks.

"Nah, don't worry about it." He waves it off.

"Last m-a-g, last m-a-g." His walkie talkie says.

"He's ready for the birthday queen." He moves out the way of the stairs. We go to the stairs, and through the door.

"Happy birthday." I....am....shook. The Russ just told me happy birthday. Kevin already let me go, and I jumped down, almost falling. I ran to his open arms and hugged the life out of him.

"I literally love your music." I mumbled into his shirt. He chuckled.

"Thank you beautiful." He rubbed my back and loosened his arms, signaling the hug was over, but I wasn't ready to let go. He smells amazing. "What's your name?"

"Siaani."

"I can't hear you with your face in my shirt." I let go and back up, seeing his perfect face. He smoothly smiles at me. Is this what it feels like when your knees are weak?

"Si-Siaani." My voice almost shakes.

"Don't be shy, with your bad self." He winks. He gets an album from one of the guards and signs it with the sharpie. "My birthday present to you." I don't even know what to say. I admire the case with wide eyes. Kevin's phone rings.

"I'll be back." He mouths. I nod then turn back to Russ.

"Damn, you're gorgeous." He looks me up and down.

"Thank y-you." Come on b, stop the stuttering. I mentally slap myself together. He sits on the couch and I sit next to him.

"How old are you?"

"Your eyes are so pretty." I breathe out. I stare in adoration as they crinkle when he laughs. "Oh sorry, I'm twenty-five."

"You doing anything after the concert?"

"Um, I don't think so." The door opens and Kevin comes back in.

"How about we go out after? It'd be like a little extended meet and greet." Before I eagerly say yes, I decided I should check with Kevin first. I walk over to him.

"He just asked me if we can hang out after the show." I try to contain my excitement and whisper, resulting in squeals and me pulling his shirt.

"You sure you want to hang out with him?" He raises an eyebrow.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, but he's just being a little too friendly."

"Isn't he supposed to be friendly? Ok whatever, I guess I'll just say no." I sigh.

"It's not that I don't trust you or anything-"

"No it's fine. I'll just say no." Day with favorite artist, meet the trash can.

"I just don't want him-"

"Kevin, I get it. You don't want him tempting me, and after today your trust is kinda shakey for me. I totally understand. It doesn't matter anymore. I'll just say no."

"Do you really want to go?"

"Well yea, but since you don't want me to, then I won't."

"Fine. I should trust you."

"Really?" A smile finds its way on my lips.

"Yea. Go have fun. It's your birthday." He has a small smile.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you." I give him a hug. He hugs me back then I walk over to Russ. "It's a go." I can't help but shake my shoulders. Too much pizazz? I think it's a fair amount.

"Perfect." The guard comes to whisper in his ear. "Show's starting in five. I'll see you later." He kisses my hand. How can one use so much self restraint from giggling? He left to a further room in the back.

"Oh boy." I heard Kevin mumble to himself and sigh. When we got outside loads of people were already filling the space. The other guard lead us right in the front. This concert is about to be amazing.

|° • ° • ° • ° • ° • °|

"So excited, so excited, so excited." I couldn't stand still in one place. "I'm actually going to spend the day with Russ." I repeatedly shake Kevin's arm.

"Just don't make me regret this, alright?"

"I won't." I wrap my arms around his waist. He kisses me on the lips before hugging me back. Still got those butterflies. I don't want to hurt Kevin. I really don't. The thing is I already did hurt him, without even realizing what I was doing. So yes, I'm a little worried I might get carried away, thinking something isn't that serious when it actually is.

Alright girly, you gotta get your head in the game. You have a whole marriage in your hands, and someone who doesn't deserve to be hurt by you. You're gonna go with Russ, and be the loyalest person you can be. You're gonna- Russ! He smoothly came walking towards us.

"You ready?" He asks. I eagerly nod. "Don't worry, I'll take care of her, man." Russ bro hugs Kevin. He waves me over and I follow him, waving to Kevin bye. He waves back then starts walking back to his car.