The Perfect Partner...?

{Just so people don't get confused:

''Words like this with," Indicate that Grillby is talking.

'This style' Indicates thoughts.

"THIS STYLE SHOULD BE OBVIOUS" Since it means Papyrus is speaking.

"This style is for everyone else speaking at this point of time," Said the Author.

That's all for, now on to the story~ }

Sans was huddled in the corner of Grillby's bar. He was digging the tip of his pointer finger in the bench only to be glared at Grillby. He stopped but as soon as Grillby turned to serve a customer he was once again digging at the counter before taking a swig from the bottle of ketchup. He sighed, not even his favourite condiment could not lift his spirits. 'How could it though. He'd messed up, it was over he was never going to be more then je was...' He thought angrily as disappointment settled in.

Grillby noticing Sans's foul mood passed him another bottle of ketchup signalling it was on the house. Surprisingly Sans didn't even try to make some absurbed pun about it. Grillby took this as a sure sign that his friend was definitely in a bad mind.

Grillby finished serving his current customers before striding over to the gloomy skeleton.

"You're growing mushrooms with all this gloominess"

Sans glanced at him, "Sorry buddy, I can go if you want."

Grillby mentally sighed.
"I'm not kicking you out Sans. But mopping isn't going to help the problem."

Sans skull hit the bar with an audible thump. "I don't know what else to do Grillby, I failed... that's it. There is nothing i can do from now on..."

Grillby crossed his arms and shook his head in disappointment. "And here i was thinking you wouldn't let anything stop you from getting to where you want to be."

Neither spoke as Sans remained passive. Grillby was growing tired of the skeletons behaviour but waited silently for him to give him some kind of sign that he would cooperate.

The sign didn't come until a loud bang caught Grillby's attention as a much taller skeleton rushed in.

'Well this is certainly new,' He thought.

The taller skeleton scanned the room until the glowing orbs of his eyes landed on the shorter skeleton. He rushed over, "BROTHER! I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING ALL OVER FOR YOU. I HAVE GOOD NEWS."

Sans perked up slightly. It had to be good news if Papyrus was willing to come into the bar seeing as he always claimed he had 'standards' when ever he was invited to join sans there.

"What is it bro?"

"WELL, I ASKED METTATON IF HE COULD LET YOU RE-AUDITION. HE TOLD ME IT WAS AGAINST THE RULES." Sans deflated slightly, "HOWEVER HE SAID THERE WAS NO RULES AGAINST YOU AUDITIONING AS PART OF A GROUP."

Sans took a moment to process his words, "Jeez, Paps that's great but I don't know anyone else who hasn't auditioned yet... or anyone who shares the same dance style as me."

Papyrus's smile drooped ever so slightly, but his smile quickly widened again as his optimistic nature resurfaced. "I AM SURE WE COULD FIND SOMEONE WHO WOULD GLADLY BE YOUR PARTNER, BROTHER!!!" He declared happily.

Grillby, who had been listening to the brothers, signalled to them.

"I might know someone who you could partner with. If you can't find anyone else by tomorrow night I'll introduce you to them. If they are willing i think you too would get along well."

Sans raised an eyebrow (or at least gave the impression of raising an eyebrow). He looked between his brother and friend before shrugging, "I guess it's worth a shot."

Papyrus whooped, scooping his brother into a bone crushing hug (minus the actual crushing of bones) and Sans let himself hope that his chances weren't over yet.

-_- -_- -_-

'I have no chance.'

Sans watched as another prospective group tuened him down. It was Muffet and her spider gang this time. Papyrus sweatdropped as the door was closed on them, "MAYBE WE COULD TRY..."

"It's getting late, Paps..." Sans said as he glared up at the setting sun. "I think i might just head home..."

Papyrus gritted his teeth, it annoyed him (for once he felt annoyed at his brother for something other then a pun or a certain sock that had still not left the lounge room floor). It annoyed him that bis brother would give in so easily.

"PERHAPS WE SHOULD VISIT GRILLBY FIRST. HE SAID HE WOULD INTRODUCE YOU TO A PROPECTIVE PARTNER," Papyrus suggested.

Sans shrugged, "Sure, why not."

Sans figured it wouldn't hurt to go watch Grillby's 'friend' perform. He could also do with a bottle of ketchup and Grillby's was just around the corner from where they were anyway.

-_- -_- -_-

Grillby was waiting for them at the back of the bar. He motioned for them to be quiet before opening the door to the studio. The sound of piano drifted from the room. Following Grillby in Sans was surprised to see a young human girl. She wore a light pink leotard and tutu. She was short but didn't look young. Infact she looked to be in her teens. She faced the mirrors but didn't seem to notice them. Sans realised why, her eyes were closed. The human swayed slightly to the piano as it faded out. The next song began to play.

Sans looked to Grillby but the flaming monster offered no explanation, instead he simply signaled to stay quiet and watch. Turning his focus back to the girl he waited.

The music began as as it did the girl began to dance. She was lithe but strong. Like a reed of grass in a soft breeze. Her every move was captivating. Her eyes never opened howeever as she continued to dance. She spun and leapt however every move was soft and graceful. It seemed easy but Sans could tell it took a lot more skill then any normal person watching would believe. Watching her, Sans felt a stiring in his soul. Almost as if he yearned to join her. As the song came to an end she moved into her final pose until the music was gone and even then a little longer. Sans could see her body shaking ever do slightly and her tiny shoulders heaving with each breath.

It wasn't until Grillby began to clap that she relaxed. She spun to face the three men. A small smile graced her lips as she opened her eyes. They were the most beautiful molten honey gold colour Sans had ever seen. He didn't understand how in just one song she had stolen his breath.

Noticing the two skeleton brother's her smile morphed into a silent 'o'.

Grillby turned to the brothers.
"Sans, Papyrus this is Frisk."

So another chapter done. They aren't to short/long are they? Hope you guys are enjoying it so far
^_^