The Announcement

So I checked my budget and apparently I can't afford Michael Bay... or explosions... or stunt doubles.... but good news I've made sure to make it up with  PUNS~~~~~ (insert angry Papyrus screams)

The competition was set and all the competitors were selected. Sans and Frisk may have not been selected but they still danced together. Both had agreed that they enjoyed dancing together and that even though they may have not made it into the competition that wouldn't stop them from spending time together and dancing. It had been one week since the competition and a week away from the premier night when the groups and solo dancers selected would battle it out for the semi finals. Only four of the six would progress to the semi's where they would battle it out for the finals. The competition had become huge and the MTT Studio was already apparently sold out, much to Mettaton's delight.

Papyrus was one of those lucky six, having come third in the solo dancer section along with the crowd favourite Undyne and Chara. Sans would sometimes watch his brother practice but normally Sans and Undyne liked to practice together. Other times he would disappear to practice with a 'trainer'  as he would say. Not that Sans guessed much 'dancing' went on.

So that morning when Papyrus said his 'trainer'  would be coming over Sans was more than surprised. Attempting to raise an eye socket in imitation of one raising a brow Sans spoke, "don't forget toriel's invited us over for dinner. i heard the taste of her butterscotch-cinnamon pie is to-riel."

"OF COURSE BROTHER, I WOULD NOT WANT TO MAKE OUR HOST WAIT, I WILL BE ON TIME," Papyrus declared before realizing the horrible pun Sans had made and groaned.

Sans shrugged, "okay then bro, i'll see ya there then. i'm heading to work then i'll be hanging with the kid. can't be a lazy bones all the time."

Papyrus narrowed his eyes in Sans direction, "YOU ARE HOPELESS."

"brother you always seem to be able to see right through me," Sans grinned and winked.

Papyrus withheld the urge to scream and instead returned Sans smirk and wink, "HAVE FUN WITH THE HUMAN SANS~"

Sans felt his cheeks burn bright blue and turned away in a huff before taking a shortcut to his hot dog booth in the Hotlands district. Ever since he had admitted that he might of been harboring feelings for his dance partner Papyrus hadn't let him live it down. He had been wanting to talk to Frisk about his feelings but was worried he might make the human feel uncomfortable. Humans and monsters dating wasn't that strange but he wanted to be considerate of Frisks feelings. He huffed, willing away those thoughts as he set up his stall for the day.

-_- -_- -_- -_-

When Frisk had arrived at school the day after the competition she had been surrounded by so many students wanting to know what it was like to dance in front of such a large crowd. Everyone congratulated her on a good job and told her that they were sorry she hadn't made it. Frisk, nervously, accepted their good wishes and thanked them for the support. MK had been so awed that his best friend had been part of Mettaton's competition that he didn't even feel angry that Frisk hadn't told him she was entering.

"OMG!!! You were soooo cooool Frisk~ Almost as cool as Undyne!" MK gushed for the millionth time that week.

Frisk laughed, a slight blush from the complements on her cheek, "Thanks, MK."

MK calmed himself before taking a seat beside the human, "It sucks you didn't make into the competition though. You and that monster you were dancing with would have been so cool in the finals~"

"It would have been... fun," Frisk admitted, sure she was scared of being on stage but for some reason the idea of dancing in front of a crowd with Sans now seemed a lot less... terrifying.