The Last Night

Sans yawned as the mid morning light shown through his window and onto his bed. After stretching he showered and changed before making his way downstairs.
Papyrus was cooking pasta while watching MTT TV. The glittery pink robot was holding a game show while fending of ninjas. Sans didn't even try to keep up with the obscurity of the show and instead poured himself a bowl of Temmie flakes.

"GOOD MORNING BROTHER. I AM PREPARING SPAGHETTI FOR DINNER TO GIVE YOU GOOD LUCK FOR TOMORROW'S PERFORMANCE!" Papyrus happily declared while stirring a large pot filled with something that only ever so slightly resembled spaghetti.

Sans grimaced, "thanks bro... maybe we could save the spaghetti for tomorrow night. we can eat it as a celebratory dinner."

Papyrus rubbed his chin thoughtfully before nodding, "GOOD IDEA BROTHER. THEN THE HUMAN COULD JOIN US AS WELL."

"good idea, bro. welp i better head of to work," Sans said.

Papyrus bid his brother goodbye after making a remark about slacking off instead of working which Sans chuckled at before taking a shortcut to one of his many booths.

-_- -_- -_-

Frisk was in a free session when she noticed a mix of students gathered around a computer. Many of the students at this school were monsters with only a few students being human, all of them beimg from the outer districts of the city of Ebbot meaning that there was a lack in newer technology. The presence of the laptop on its own was rather impressive for this reason, even if it was slightly battered and the screen cracked.

Frisk and MK (momster kid) decided to check out what the commotion was all about. As they approached they managed to pick up a few words such as 'Mettaton' and 'competition'.

"Hey Frisk, MK, come check this out," Fuku Fire, one of the senior students in Frisk's class, called out.
Frisk and MK joined her near the owner of the computer- a bunny-like monster. On the screen was a recorded MTT program with a montage of monsters and humans alike dancing.

MK gasped when he saw a blue toned fish-like monster dancing, "Omg that's Undyne!!! Look how cool she is~"

Frisk had to admit the warrior like fish woman was pretty amazing to watch but said nothing as she continued to watch. Mettaton's voice was playing over the top of the footage.

"We've had some highs in this competition~"

Images of amazing dancers played across the screen including a human who looked slightly similar to frisk, Undyne, a puppet looking monster and even a skeleton that looked to be Papyrus. Frisk watches wide eyed her mind working at a million miles a second.

'Wait is this the competition Sans was talking about? Is that really Papyrus? What happened for Sans to need to enter as a group?'

As if to answer here questions Mettaton's dramatic commentary continued, "But with it's highs comes it's lows~"

Frisk watched as a montage of monsters and humans alike screwed up their routines or were just plain bad. What shocked Frisk the most though was the moment when a familiar skeleton she knew popped up. She watched in horror as an almost amazingly perfect dance came crashing down (I'm sorry that was a pun) when Sans suddenly seemed to lose his footing and landed with an almighty thud. Though there wasn't any audio Frisk knew the fall had to be painful... and, in front of such a crowd, rather humiliating.

"But we aren't done yet darlings~ Tune in tomorrow night as we go through the preliminary rounds for our group contestants~" With those final words Mettaton switched to an ad break.

All the students broke out into excited chatter about their favourite dancers and who they heard was rumoured to be dancing tomorrow night.
Fuku Fire turned to Frisk and MK, flames dancing with excitement, "Isn't that so cool~ They say the show has taken over Ebbot with the highest ratings. Everyone who owns a tv will be watching tomorrow night."