The Start

Incase anyone was wondering how old frisk and sans are here is your answer.
Frisk is 17
Sans doesn't have an exact age since he's a monster and i assume they age differently but if you want to give him an age or at least an "appearance age" I'd say around 21ish and papyrus is like 20ish.

K have fun~

Frisk was woken by a voice by her ear the next morning.

"Toriel has been calling you for about a minute now, Lazybones," The voice said. "So i suggest if you would like eat this morning that yOu gEt YoUr LaZy ArSe OuT OF bEd."

Frisk turned to face a rather evily smiling flower, "Good Morning to you too Flowey."

The plant scowled and turned away from her. Even though he acted so sour half the time Frisk knew he was actually quite a nice flower and that he was secretly happy that she greeted hin each morning. Frisk yawned before pushing off the covers and scooping flowey and his pot up into the crook of her arm. She then proceeded to make her way to the kitchen.

"Morning Mom," she said to the goat monster who was pouring a glass of juice for her. Frisk took a seat and started to scoff down the pancakes Toriel had prepared for breakfast. She tore a piece and fed it to her plant friend.

Frisk had met flowey about 2 years ago. The plant had been alone and beaten in a rundown park only a block away. Frisk, who had been on her way home from school, had noticed the poor flower and automatically dos her best to care for him. Of course she had found an abandoned pot and scooped the flower up before taking him home. At first Toriel had been cautious of the talking flower but soon became accustomed to the talking plant. Treating him as much her own as she did Frisk.

The three had become a family, sure they were one hell of a mismatched family but they were a family nevertheless.

"So my child, when will you be meeting this dance partner of yours?" Toriel asked.

"Tonight when I go for my usual practise. I might be later then usual," Frisk answered. She glanced over at the kitchen clock before quickly finishing off her breakfast. School startedin half an hour and she had to walk to get there.

Grabbing her bag and the lunch Toriel had prepared her she bid her family goodbye before rushing to the corner of the block so she could meet her friend Monster kid.

Toriel was a teacher at the school but left just after Frisk so the girl could walk with her friends.

The day proceeded as usual~

-_- -_- -_-

Sans hadn't been able to sleep properly that night so he was awake earlier than his brother, which was an uncommon occurrence in there house .

Sans opened the fridge in hopes of finding something edible other than Papyrus's attempts at spaghetti. Sans sighed and closed the fridge door, unsatisfied with the selection of food available. Instead he decided to leave early for work.

Sans had a few jobs around the city but his main job was selling hotdogs. It mightn't sound classy but it was a living in more ways then one. Sans took one of his convenient "shortcuts". Arriving at his vendor stall he started up the hot dog/cat machine and set the selection of condiments out for customers before leaning back in his seat with a magazine. Whenever a hungry monster or human appeared he would sell them a hot dog (or cat occassionally).

This was how most of his days were spent, either working at one of his pop up stations, followed by multiple breaks at Grillby and long naps.

-_- -_- -_-

Sans opened an eyesocket. The sun was lower in the sky then it had been before his nap. Stretching, Sans began to pack away all the condiments and food before taking a short cut home to grab his gear before heading to Grillby's for a quick meal and to wait for his prospective partner.

Arriving he was greated by everyone, after all he was a regular, before pulling up a stool by the bar. Grillby was polishing glasses before the night rush that would come at the end of a working day. Grillby ran his free hand through his flames on his head and turned to Sans.

"What can i get for you."

Sans ordered the usual, a burger with fries on the side and a bottle of ketchup. As he waited for his meal Sans fidgetted. He'd managed to keep the thoughts of Frisk's answer off his mind for the day after a restless night of worrying but now those thoughts were stabbing at the back of his head. He wasn't able to dodge them forever.

Grillby arrived with his food and noticed the skeleton's nervous behaviour.

"I'm sure it'll work out."

Sans sent a confused look in Grillby's direction before realising what the flaming bartender was referring to.

"Sure as hell hope so... I don't even want to think about what'll happen if she says no," Sans admitted before taking a bite of the greasy burger and washing it down with ketchup. Grillby went back to cleaning.

Sans finished off his burger and told Grillby he'd wait in the studio.

Unlocking the studio door, Sans flicked on the lights and dumped his dufflebag on the ground. He ruffled through it before grabbing a cd case. Paps had made it for him as a christmas gift and had included some of his favourite dance tracks. Including a track called 'Megalovania' which he enjoyed dancing to whenever he was having a bad time.

Sans placed the track into the stereo and took a deep breath as the first track began to play. He let the music take him, movingto each change in beat, letting all his pent up worries go.   He was lost in the music and his thoughts when a single memory filled his head.

He was falling, he could feel his 'stomach' heave as he began his free fall. The ground rushed to meet up to meet him as the crowd watched in shock.

Sans eye sockets snapped open, a cold sweat running down his skull. He was panting but not from exhaustion. Taking a moment he began to relax, realising he hadn't fallen and there was only one person watching him. They clapped quietly, the sound echoing away in the large room.

"You're really good," Frisk spoke, her voice quiet but sincere.

Sans rubbed his neck and chuckled, "Thanks, kid."

Frisk smirked, "I'm not a kid. I'm almost 17."

Sans shrugged smirking teasingly, "Sorry kid but the names stuck now. Nothing tibia done about it."

Frisk broke out laughing, "Well I guess I'll just have to give you a nickname too, bonehead." Frisk stuck her tongue out at Sans before the two of them began laughing again.

Soon the laughter died and Frisk rubbed her arm and awkwardly dug her foot into the floor, "Um... if you dont mind me asking, why don't  you enter the competition by yourself?"

Sans diverted his gaze to the ground before slowly answering her, "I did. There was an... accident."

There was a silence and Sans glanced up at the human girl. Frisk's face was surprised but understanding, Oh... I'm sorry..."

Sans shrugged and grinned again, shoving down the strange feeling in his 'stomach', "Heh, doesn't matter anymore kid. All that matters right now is your answer." Sans was prepared for the guilty look in her eyes as she looked away and mumbled a quiet sorry and turned her back on him, closing the door on any chances he had.

What he wasn't prepared for was her honey-golden eyes to look at him with such burning determination as the words that were the key were spoken from her mouth, "I want to help you. Let's enter this competition together, partner."

Sans eyes widened in shock. A smile began to spread along his skull. He chuckled, "You're a strange one, kid... but I like that idea. Partners it is."

He extended a hand and they shook hands.

*Bthththththffft*

Frisk looked surprised before laughing to the point of tears. Sans withdrew his hand and laughed alongside her, "The good old woopee cushion trick... alway a good laugh."

Another chapter done~

Did you guys get my references :)

Anyway see ya next update.