The Agreement

'Frisk'

'Her name suits her,' Sans thought as the girl stared at the skele-bros, a faint blush from embarrassment  dusting her cheeks. Having realized she had been staring Frisk adverted her eyes to the floor, her face partially hidden behind her bangs.

Grillby turned to the smaller skeleton. "What do you think?"

Sans studied the human a little longer. 'What do I think? Well she can definitely dance, but...'

 Sans turned to his friend as he motioned to the door this his thumb, "Can we talk... alone?"

Grillby obliged and made his way outside with Sans, leaving Papyrus and Frisk together.  As the door closed behind Grillby and Sans, the latter turned around to face the fire monster. Grillby looked anxious.

"Sans, she's good isn't she. She dances well and I think you two could complement each other."

Sans sighed, "Grillby, I understand you're trying to help me out but I don't do ballet... I can't learn a completely new dance style in less then a week."

"That's exactly it though Sans. You won't have to learn a new style, you can merge your styles and make something new."

Grillby seemed so sure of his words. Sans was silent for a moment, internally struggling with his decision. "Does she want to enter the competition with me?"

Grillby rubbed his neck and looked everywhere but at Sans. "Grillby?"

"Not quite... she doesn't know about the competition. Or you."

Sans stared bewildered at the bartender, "So you don't even know if she'd be willing to try?"

"I was going to ask her after you saw her dance..."  Silence. "I really think you'd do well together." More silence. "Sans?"

Finally relenting his silence Sans spoke, "I'll... I'll see how it goes Grillby. First we need to see if she wants to dance with me."

Satisfied for the moment Grillby agreed and the two monsters returned to the studio. Sans was slightly surprised to see both Papyrus and Frisk dancing together.

Papyrus was spinning the young human, they were both laughing (or in Pap's case 'NYEHEHEHE'-ing). As she finished her spin, Frisk used her free hand to grip the taller skeletons shirt as he place a hand on her side and began to dance a waltz. Papyrus noticed his brothers and Grillby's return. "NYEHEHE! HUMAN IT SEEMS MY BROTHER HAS RETURNED. WE SHOULD CONCLUDE OUR DANCE ANOTHER TIME."

Frisk giggled before back away from her dance partner and curtseying. Papyrus bowed in return before smiling at his brother. "SANS, THE HUMAN IS A VERY GOOD DANCER. SHE WOULD MAKE A GOOD DANCE PARTNER FOR YOU."

The human in question was both blushing lightly from the complement but also looked confused. She sent a puzzled look at Grillby, who silently sighed.

"Frisk, my friend Sans needs a dance partner to enter a competition next weekend... I- We were wondering if you would be his dance partner?"

Frisk bit her lip in contemplation, she looked conflicted.

"Hey, kid, it's alright if you don't want to. I'm sure I could find another partner before the comp," Sans reassured her, though even he couldn't fool himself. This was his last chance and he knew it.

Frisk wasn't fooled, she really wanted to help him... but, "I... want to help you but..."

Sans felt something in him begin to crack... why'd he even bother to let himself hope if...

"I would like to think about it first. Could I see you tomorrow to give you my answer?"

Sans's eyes darted up to meet Frisk's sincere eyes. 'Well that was...unexpected,'  He thought to himself, not that he wasn't happy to hear those words. He was actually really grateful that she would take the time to think about it, that was more then anyone else had done since him and Papyrus had started searching for a group to take Sans in.

"Uh, s-sure kid. How about we meet here tomorrow night. If you decide to enter with me we can start rehearsing straight away... or..." The last words were left unspoken but everyone in the room got the point.

Frisk smiled and thanked him before gathering up her gear and ejecting her cd from the stereo, "I should be going, Mom will start worrying if I'm not home soon."

Grillby opened the door for her as she waved goodbye to the brothers and shouted to Papyrus that he better not forget his promise to dance with her again.

"NYEHEHEHEHE, I THE GREAT PAPYRUS THINK SHE WOULD BE A GOOD PARTNER FOR MY BROTHER, GRILLBY. I CONGRATULATE YOU ON YOUR CHOICE." Papyrus loudly stated.

Grillby acted bashful and signaled his thanks to the younger skeleton, Sans himself was deep in thought.

'Will she say yes? And if she does will this really work...'

A hand landed on Sans shoulder, bring him from his thoughts. He looked up at the owner of the hand, his eyes meeting his brothers. "Sorry Paps, did you say something?"

Papyrus smiled brightly at his older brother. "I SAID WE SHOULD PROBABLY HEAD OFF," He ducked down to 'whisper' into his brother's 'ear', "I THINK GRILLBY WANTS US TO GO NOW."

Sans chuckled lightly before bidding Grillby farewell and following Papyrus out to the car.

How you guys liking it so far? Slightly shorter chapter but next update you'll get to see Goat Mom~ (Also I'm Australian so typing Mom is sooo weird to me XD )