The Festival

Omg I'm so sorry for the late update :o

I got so caught up with other stuff and had a little bit of a writer's block but I am back and pumped~ Shall we get to it then~

After three hours of constant practice and run-throughs of the routine Sans and Frisk were a panting, sweaty mess.

Asgore studied their final pose with a hum before giving a nod of satisfaction. Both of the dancers collapsed in a exhausted heap on the studio floor.

"i can't feel my legs... i think i might be too tired to even make a pun," Sans groaned.

Frisk looked over at her partner, "Talus  about it."

Sans chuckled at the bad pun and looked over at the breathless human female, "that was really humerus  kid."

Asgore chuckled at the two lying on the floor as a certain flame elemental walked into the studio.

Grillby's flames flickered and crackled in silent laughter before he turned to the boss monster and handed him a flier.

Asgore looked down at the flier, an eyebrow raised, "A street festival?"

Grillby nodded in confirmation.

Sans and Frisk, who had finally pulled themselves from the floor, walked over to the hot bartender and furry goat monster.

"they had one last year didn't they? it's kind of become a annual thing for this area," Sans told Asgore with a shrug.

"Really. That is rather interesting, I did not realise they held these kinds of things around here. I don't mean that as some type of 'rich-folk-prejudice' or anything," Asgore added quickly, not wanting to sound like an aristocrat.

Sans chuckled, "nah, it's all good. grillby actually started it up along with some other monsters and humans around. it's pretty good actually." Sans's eyes flickered towards Frisk, "i don't think i saw you there last year kid..."

"I didn't hear about it until afterwards last year, but I'd love to go this year," Frisk told him.

As Asgore continued to scan the flier his eyes were drawn towards a rather interesting little snippet, "Well it seems like it's expected that you two go."

Sans and Frisk shot confused looks at the monster before taking the flier he offered them. Reading the information they looked over to Grillby and Sans spoke for both of them, "you didn't tell us that we were guest of honor."

Grillby shrugged.

"The entire community's been talking. Everyone wanted to hold a party to celebrate your success. You don't need to force yourselves to come though."

"I-I'd actually really like to go," Frisk told the three monsters, a slight blush of embarrassment on her cheeks.

Sans smiled at her and nodded, "alright then. we'll go."

Grillby seemed happy with their answer.

" You look hungry. I have food ready."

He then turned to lead Frisk towards the exit. As Sans was about to follow them out he felt a furry hand stop him. He turned to face Asgore with puzzlement on his features.

"You know people enjoy going with people they like to festivals like this," Asgore's eyes were shining with meaning. Sans's cheeks turned a deep azure as he looked away.

Asgore chuckled and walked after Grillby and Frisk, leaving Sans to trail behind as he wrestled to bring his heated face under control.

Sans sat beside Frisk at the bar as Asgore opted to sit a few seat away, leaving the two to their 'privacy' but remained close enough to overhear their conversation.