4. Ominous Hours

Dedicated to EllieIsMagnificent for being such a supportive and loving reader. You're amazing. Thanks hon!

New cover of Shadowed Hearts above! 

DO NOT COPY MY WORK!

This chapter is unedited so please excuse the grammatical errors. Enjoy!

____

Zuerien's POV

John, are you absolutely certain about this?

I'm afraid so, Alpha. There's no denying it. This is paranormal hypnotism.

My jaw clenched in anger and I could feel the rage flooding my veins as I walked down the corridor towards the elevator. Everything made sense now.

Apparently the human air-hosts and hostesses who had been spying on John and the others on the plane were radiating a faint aura of supernatural energy.

Someone had used magic on them- hypnotic magic- in order to get them to spy on us.

Earlier when John and the General had mind-linked me about the human stewards on the plane spying on them and reporting their activities via transmitter to someone on the ground, it had immediately struck me as odd and rather disturbing.

Yes it was true that using humans to spy on Supernaturals was smart idea considering us Supernaturals wouldn't easily suspect humans. But it was also an extremely risky and unnecessary feat. Even our enemies knew that.

Involving humans only made things worse, creating a mess that none of us Supernaturals wanted to be responsible for cleaning up.

Even the Shadow People, despite how crazy they could get and how low they could sink, would not willingly involve humans in our Supernatural affairs. It was far too troublesome for them. And as far as I remembered, they weren't the biggest fans of humans, ever.

But if what John had just told me was true, then it made perfect sense. If they had used hypnotic magic on these humans then when the magic wore off, the humans wouldn't even remember having done the things that they did. Our Supernatural goings-on would be perfect secrets and they would still conveniently get their job of spying on us done.

So those humans have been hypnotized by the means of magic, I growled out.

Not magic, Alpha, John corrected, Sorcery

Shadow Sorcerers, I grit out.

I believe so

I closed my eyes, taking deep breaths to calm my anger. It didn't work very well though, as a second later I heard a sickening crack only to open my eyes and find that I had destroyed the elevator call button. I clenched my fists, feeling molten fire blazing through my veins.

Shadow Sorcerers

Probably the only supernatural beings who could be considered worse than the Shadow People, because not only were they Shadowers, they were Shadowers who had learnt to tap into the realm of magic using paranormal methods.

In other words, they were Sorcerers. Shadow Sorcerers.

As the elevator doors slid open, I glanced down the corridor I had just come from, my thoughts immediately drifting to my mate.

Suzzanah...

I had told Rino to go to Suzzanah's room and ensure that she was taken care of while I was gone, but now, knowing that sorcerers were involved, I didn't feel comfortable leaving her there without my protection.