23. Its A Small World After All

THANK YOU FOR 5M READS ON TBOR! LOVE YOU GUYS!

Dedicated to Suze_Knight for being such a darling reader and trying to help me in any way possible when my book went missing. Thank you sweetie!

The phenomenal cover above was made VeyronMindPalace. Its absolutely incredible! Thank you so much!

IMPORTANT : PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO READ THE A/N AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER.

DO NOT COPY MY WORK!

This chapter is unedited so please excuse the grammatical errors. Enjoy!

____

Suzzanah's POV

It wasn't the question he'd asked but the way he'd asked, that immediately made me and Neil exchange nervous glances.

"G-Gale?" Neil coughed out uncertainly.

How had he even known his name? I didn't remember having mentioned it in our mindlink yesterday.

"Yes, Gale", Zuerien replied to Neil, "The boy about whom you were talking to Beta Darren last night. The one who 'keeps staring at the Queen'?"

My brows rose in alarm as I looked at Neil whose tan skin had suddenly paled so much that he had begun blending into the white wall behind him. It seemed that Zuerien had overheard a piece of his conversation with Beta Darren last night, and he wasn't pleased. At all.

"A-Alpha-"

"Yeah he does!" Rino cut Neil off, grinning happily as he replied to Zuerien, "I like Gale. He's pretty and polite"

"Who is he?" Zuerien asked, growing frustrated.

"He's the clumsy, courteous blond librarian boy who has a thing for Anna"

Rino answered so fast that by the time any of us had a chance to stop him, it was already too late. Upon hearing his reply, Alpha Penson's eyes widened, my jaw dropped and Neil suddenly looked faint. And as for Zuerien...

"A. thing. for. WHO?" he growled out, his voice low and filled with warning.

"For An-" Neil's hand flew to cover Rino's mouth and I gulped.

"I-Its really not like that!" I exclaimed, hurriedly standing up again as Zuerien's eyes began to darken, "He's just super polite, that's all. He doesn't like me or anything like that"

"T-That's right, Alpha. We assure you there's nothing like that", Neil added, "He's a good, well-mannered young man"

"Oh really?" Zuerien said, raising an eyebrow, "Well let's have a taste of these impeccable manners of his, shall we? Where is he?"

Rino seemed to have an answer again but Neil beat him to it, "Oh, he isn't assigned here today Alpha. He's probably in one of the other Halls right now"

Gale, if you know what's good for you, please don't show up now!

"Oh but he was here just a minute ago though"

Both Neil and I looked at Alpha Penson horrified, and I swear I saw him bite back a smile.

ALPHA PENSON! WAT YOU DOING?!

"Yeah, he came by to say hello, and to see Anna", Rino added fuel to the fire- probably taking years off of Neil's life- all the while wearing his angelic smile, "He looked really disappointed that Anna wasn't here but when we told him that she'd join us shortly, his face lit up like a Christmas tree!"