5. The Sinister Green

HAAALLO FROM THE OTHER SIIIIIDE!

I'm alive darlings! Man, I missed you guys! 

WISH YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY!

Dedicated to sarcasticfries for being the absolute sweetheart that you are! Thank you for all your support honey!

The amazing cover above was made by B_roken2! Thank you so much doll! Its pure perfection! I love it! (If you changed your username please do let me know honey)

DO NOT COPY MY WORK!

This chapter is unedited so please excuse the grammatical errors. Enjoy!

____

Recap

The golden glow from the lamp post that had been about to disappear into the mist had suddenly come to halt at a distance, somewhere in the midst of the trees.

And there it stayed, motionless, like a firefly suspended mid-air, its state of paralysis somehow far more foreboding than its locomotion.

It didn't last long though, as the very next second the golden light started moving once again, the thumping sound from its stump hitting the ground hard resounding through the silent woods.

And I stared at it in utmost horror as I realized, that now, it was coming back.

And it was coming right at me.

****

Suzzanah's POV

Oh no!

I stumbled away from the shrub I had just tripped over, ignoring my throbbing arms and legs as I stared aghast at the fast approaching demon lampstand and its caped master.

There was no doubt about it. They had heard me. They had heard my cry from when I had just fallen. I had stupidly given myself away just when I thought I was safe.

And now they were coming for me!

Oh God no!

My head jerked from one side to the other as I desperately searched for a place to hide before they got too close. I knew that they had probably heard me but I still wasn't sure if they had seen me yet. And if not, I still had a chance of escaping.

Barely.

My eyes hurriedly scanned my surroundings but all I saw was trees, shrubs and more trees. If I ran, they either catch me or I'd get even more lost than I was now and maybe end up running into another cannibalistic organism.

But if I stayed here and hid in the vegetation, that darned lampstand's light would definitely give away my location. Especially if its master was a supernatural, which I was pretty sure they were. What was I supposed to do?!

The thumping of the lampstand was now much louder and faster than before, just like the thumping in my chest, as I ran to the closest tree.

Shoot! I'm in trouble!

WHAT?!

I gasped in shock realizing that I was still mindlinking Zuerien and Alpha Penson, and had just transmitted that thought right to them.