15. 'Extraordinaire' Beginnings

If you haven't read the two chapters in Karina's POV that I updated in the TBOR last week (Chapters 29.5 and 58.5), please do! They're not the usual bonus chapters, they're a part of the story. And they are IMPORTANT!

And the winner of the last poll on whose backstory you are most excited for is *drumroll*: MARCAH, ahem I mean MARCOOO! And by a huge lead too. Wouldn't he be proud to know ;)

Dedicated to Meghana_violet for your never ending support and love! You're amazing hon. Thank you!

A huge shoutout to Jyottii for having supported my work for sooo long now. I truly can't appreciate you enough. Love you hon! And thank you so much for the lovely banner above!

Also HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO Alysdremzz. Love you forever sweetheart!

WARNING: This chapter is a little heavy on info. Read at your own risk lol!

PLEASE DO NOT COPY MY WORK! If I find any followers copying my work, I will immediately REPORT and MUTE you. Do NOT test my patience or take advantage of my friendliness. You have been warned.

This chapter is unedited so please excuse the grammatical errors. Enjoy!

____

Suzzanah's POV

"WHAT?!"

My sudden and shocked bellow immediately startled the three men with me, with Alpha Penson's head whirling towards me, Rino nearly falling of the chair that he had been rocking, and Delta Neil shooting off his seat and frantically searching for signs of danger, dropping the book about Soulmates that he had been reading on the floor in the process.

"Suzzanah?" Alpha Penson said but I couldn't look away from the page.

My eyes read the title again and again, unable to believe it.

Alpha of Power...

Alpha of Power!

Almost instantly my mind was thrown back to this morning, and I remembered the words Zuerien had spoken when he had told me about the reason for there being the concept of a 'Chosen Queen'. They rang in my head like a resonating echo.

"And upon my coronation, because I was not just the Alpha King but also the Alpha of Power, I had no choice but to opt for that particular alternative"

'Because I was the Alpha of Power...', he had said. Because he was the Alpha of Power, he had to opt for an alternative Queen. Because...

"Because I didn't believe I would ever find my soulmate"

Or rather that...

"...that you may not exist"

Oh Zuerien...

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I looked up to find Alpha Penson and Rino leaning over me, Rino looking worried and Alpha Penson wearing his calm, knowing one, a hint of sadness glinting in his eyes.

"Anna?" Rino said worriedly, "What's wrong?"

My lips parted, but I found myself unable to answer, so I just shook my head, still feeling uncertain. My mind kept replaying one thought over and over again.