26. Border Bedlam

Please do VOTE, COMMENT and FOLLOW if you like the chapter guys. It really does help me out a lot!❤

Dedicated to TheSparklingTornado for your undying support and love towards Unconditionally. I'm honored to have a reader like you hon! Thank you!

A huge shoutout to InvincibleInvisible1 for being a wonderful reader and also for the mesmerizing banner above. It's breathtaking, thank you!

RE-READERS NOTE: PLEASE DON'T POST SPOILERS ON THE EARLIER CHAPTERS. I LOVE YOU GUYS BUT ITS NOT FAIR TO THE NEW READERS. IF ANYONE IS FOUND TO BE DOING SO DESPITE MY MULTIPLE REQUESTS ASKING THEM TO STOP, I WILL BE FORCED TO MUTE THEM. KINDLY RESPECT MY WISHES!

PLEASE DO NOT COPY MY WORK!

This chapter is unedited so please excuse the grammatical errors. Enjoy!

____

Suzzanah's POV

The minute her name left my lips, Rino gasped, his eyes suddenly focusing on her, and before I could even blink he was already tearing down the concrete path, racing towards her, while I stood there unmoving, too shocked to even breathe.

It was her. It was Karina! My Karina!

She was the one radiating Luna Ethereal's aura so powerfully.

How...?

I knew that aura so well. The aura of our first Luna Queen. And as it stood out in the forefront, I realized that it enveloped another aura within it, which was my sister's own distinct one. Her body exuded the two auras together, but neither blended into the other. They remained separate and yet were emitted simultaneously, altogether constituting her overall aura. And that meant...

Karina was...the Luna Ethereal...?

But...how...?

Although I didn't immediately understand how that was possible, one thing became clear. It was no wonder the fog had brought me right to her. It had appeared when I had heard Karina mindlinking me!

She was here, my sister, our Luna of Hearts! She was but a few meters away from me. Within my reach. I could get to her! The thought made me want to leap in incandescent joy and dash towards her. I wanted nothing more than to run to her and embrace her in my arms. She was right there! And yet...

And yet I couldn't move- no! I wouldn't move. All the unimaginable magnitude of happiness within me wouldn't get me to move. Because by now, this entire scene had become too familiar to me. This ominous sense of foreboding was one I was too well acquainted with. For all that was happening right now had happened before. Exactly like this.

Fresh memories from but a few days ago began to flash before my eyes and dread exploded within me as I realized just what was about to happen. That the heat raging within me was but my body's way of preparing itself for it. And that it would begin soon.

Rino...No!

My thoughts had no time to reach my lips as Rino drew close to the territorial border, and threw his hand out towards Karina, calling out desperately.

"LUNAA!"

Karina, who had been about to reach out and touch the barrier, now took a startled step away from it and I watched petrified as the cloak covering her face fell away, revealing the face I had been longing to see for what felt like ages now.