16. Knowledge is Power

"-is Time is Money", am I right? #Storm&SilenceQuotes

Thank you so much to everyone who is participating in the polls at the end of every chapter!

Dedicated to cyraa_ for being such an incredible supporter! Thank you so much for your help with the chapter dates. You're such a sweetheart!

A huge shoutout to Enchanted_Boo for your constant and never-failing support and love! Thank you hon!

The phenomenal banner above was made by minni_sweety. You're amazing hon, thank you!

PLEASE DO NOT COPY MY WORK! If I find any followers copying my work, I will immediately REPORT and MUTE you. Do NOT test my patience or take advantage of my friendliness. You have been warned.

This chapter is unedited so please excuse the grammatical errors. Enjoy!

____

Suzzanah's POV

Deep down...I knew a part of me had already anticipated this. Of course it had, that dream about the mirrors I had had made it impossible not to. And yet, right now, when the fact was brought to the forefront like this, with evidence that proved its authenticity, it somehow still left me completely and utterly shocked beyond belief.

Because I guess...a part of me...a very large part of me...was hoping it wasn't true...

It was him...

My hands rose to my face involuntarily, covering my mouth, in an attempt to keep a terrified cry from escaping my lips. My mind was a mess of turbulent thoughts enveloped in apprehension and fear. And the only words that rang loud and clear were,

It was him!

"That b-beast...he's really been k-killing my predecessors for centuries..." I breathed out in horror, barely able to keep my voice steady.

A deep frown marred Alpha Penson's usually calm features, anxiety shining clearly through his dark brown eyes. This was what my dream about the mirrors had tried to show me, and even though it had given me an idea of this situation, the reality of it was far heavier than I had anticipated. And it still left questions unanswered.

"Why...?" I gasped out even though I was frightened to know the answer.

"And how?" Rino asked confused, "How has this beast been alive for so many thousands of centuries? Is he an immortal? A vampire?"

Alpha Penson shook his head, "Alpha Zuerien said that he didn't sense the aura of a vampire coming from it. But both the King and Queen said that there was an element of demonic energy to it. And back in the past too, Intercession described the creature who had attacked her and her friend as having been a rogue demon"

"A demon?" Rino asked, "I didn't know demons are immortal"

"They're not", Alpha Penson replied, "But they do have extremely long lifespans"

"This long?" Rino asked and Alpha Penson shook his head.

"No. I've never heard of any Supernatural being having lived this long. Not even immortals like vampires", Alpha Penson replied gravely, "The most ancient of vampires alive I believe is about 7000 years old. But what we're talking about is way back in the past, thousands and thousands of years. Back in the time of the first Alpha of Power! What kind of being could have survived for so long?"