10. Skyfall

Dedicated to Eeshabela for all your constant support and amazing enthusiasm towards Unconditionally. Thank you honey!

A huge shoutout to carolwonder for all your amazing support. Thanks hon!

The spectacular banner above was made by Eeshabela. It's absolute perfection. Thanks again sweetie!

IMPORTANT NOTE:

This chapter is the continuation of chapter 9.

PLEASE DO NOT COPY MY WORK! If I find any followers copying my work, I will immediately REPORT and MUTE you. Do NOT test my patience or take advantage of my friendliness. You have been warned.

This chapter is unedited so please excuse the grammatical errors. Enjoy!

____

Zuerien's POV

"Silver beams?"

John's eyebrows rose as he stared at me surprised after what I had told him.

"She used the words silver beams of light?"

I nodded, "She said the wall suddenly started to fire silver beams of light at her", I said, "She said it felt like some kind of really powerful energy"

"And she was the only one who could see it?"

Both I and Cole nodded again, "Worse, she was the only one at whom the silver beams were directed", I replied, "She told me that the silver energy flowed into her body, and as it did, it made her feel far more powerful"

John remained silent, his eyes deeply thoughtful as I continued, "And on putting two and two together, that also seemed to correlate exactly with the moment that I suddenly felt our mate bond strengthen considerably as I made my way to Rino"

John nodded, "And then all of a sudden, the mate bond went from being extremely strong to exceedingly weak, yes?"

I exhaled heavily, "That's right", I replied, "It came as a huge shock to me. For a second I almost felt like-like our bond had..."

Like it had severed completely.

I closed my eyes, running a hand through my hair. I found myself completely unable to get those last few words out of my mouth. It was as though every part of my being was screaming against the idea of even thinking about such a thing ever happening.

Even though after having spent our earlier time together intimately, our bond had strengthened again immensely, just the thought of how it had felt to suddenly not be able to feel the mate bond left me completely devastated on the inside.

And despite our mate bond reinforcing and improving itself drastically, the same could not yet be said about the rest of her aura. Suzzanah's essence, I knew, had never been very pronounced. Even for a human, she didn't have a very prominent or sizeable presence.

But what made Suzzanah unique was not the quantity of her presence, but the quality of it. It was an extremely pure and radiant aura. One that, even in its smallest measures, still stood out from that of the others.

And after what had happened today, it was that very presence that had been affected. From being a small yet extraordinary aura, it had gone to being nearly non-existent. And although I could tell that she was slowly recovering again, it still hurt to think of what had happened to her. Of what she had to been put through.