20. Decisions, Decisions...

Dedicated to kohaana for your constant support and love towards Unconditionally. Means the world to me hon!

A huge shoutout to RitikaKeys for being such a sweet and wonderful reader. Thanks doll!

The lovely banner above was made by Prajakta98. Thank you!

PLEASE DO NOT COPY MY WORK! If I find any followers copying my work, I will immediately REPORT and MUTE you. Do NOT test my patience or take advantage of my friendliness. You have been warned.

This chapter is unedited so please excuse the grammatical errors. Enjoy!

____

Suzzanah's POV

"NEEILLLL!"

I cringed and Neil gulped, looking paler with every passing second as Zuerien towered over him, glowering furiously.

He had arrived but a minute ago at the convenience store and found both me and Neil looking like wet- well, dogs. And maybe it wouldn't have been a problem if I had actually been one like the rest of my canine company here, but I wasn't and that fact was currently sticking out like a sore tail!

For the first few moments following his arrival, Zuerien had just stood there staring at us, looking like he couldn't believe this was actually happening, but then his eyes had flashed a blazing obsidian black and snapped to Neil making the rest of us immediately start offering prayers for his poor soul.

And as soon as we got away from the public and to edge of the woods beside the convenience store, Zuerien started to look more and more like a threat to Neil's existence.

"I-I'm truly sorry Alpha", Neil coughed out, trying ever so subtly to hide behind Alpha Ashford who stood next to him wearing his usual stone-face.

"Zuerien it wasn't his fault", I said for the third time since he had arrived, but was my mate listening? Of course not!

Ugh, I wish he had 'Kai ears' I could tug on to get his attention right now!

"Alpha, I'm sure there is a good explanation for this", Cole said hurriedly, trying to hep Neil.

Cole had arrived just a second after Zuerien and the minute his gaze had zeroed in on me, his hand had flown to his forehead in dread, his horror-stricken expression screaming the same words the rest of us were thinking.

Oh Crap!

And for better or worse, Alpha Ashford had joined our company at the same time as Cole, grey eyes moving between Zuerien and me before settling on his Delta with a blank face that somehow still managed to read, You're screwed, aren't you?

"Oh yeah? Well let's hear it then", Zuerien said in reply to Cole's comment, "Why the hell does my mate look like a freakin drowned street rat?!" Zuerien demanded and all of us, with the exception of Alpha Ashford winced yet again.

"H-hey, its not nice to call me a rat", I said jokingly, trying to lighten the mood but when Zuerien's sharp eyes shot to me, and my smile immediately turned nervous.

"Zuerien please don't be mad at him",I said, "I'm telling you it wasn't Neil's fault. It was min-"

Yes I guessed as much heart, he mindlinked me, black-brown eyes narrowing at me, I am well enough aware of your eccentric tendency to drench yourself with water when you're thirsty