Chapter 16- "Are We Friends?"

Ayko comes to you, the pastry on a cute little plate. "Here y-you go. Have a g-good n-night." He says as he starts to turn back to the staff door. "Ayko!" You say, calling him back over. I didn't escape, crap. "This afternoon, we're going to the park, wanna come with us?" You ask. "Uhh, sure I-i guess." "Great!" You say. "I'll be back in a couple mins..." Ayko says, quickly walking back to the staff door before you could say anything. Is this a date? Nah, it wouldn't be... she's got him.

After you and Yoosung share the pastry, you wait outside for Ayko. Ayko walks outside, looking nervous. "Are you ready?" Yoosung asks, trying to include Ayko but you know he wouldn't want to. You and Ayko nod your head. You walk down the street holding Yoosung's hand, making Ayko feel weird. What's this feeling? You get to the park and walk with Yoosung towards the nearest park bench. You stand as Yoosung sits down as well as Ayko. You smile and pull out your phone to check the time. "Ok, I'll be back in 5 minutes. I'm just going to go get something." You say, trying to not giggle. " Y/N?!" Ayko yells as you run away into the distance. Ayko sighs while Yoosung is feeling a bit annoyed.

"So..." Yoosung starts, making Ayko confused. "What's this about?" Ayko says, " Y/N obviously planned this, I can tell." Yoosung chuckles. "Yeah, she did." The boys sit in silence before Yoosung says something again. "How long have you guys been friends for?" Ayko thought for a minute before answering. "We've been friends since Yr1. It was a little while ago..." "Ayko, Do..." Yoosung breaths before asking, knowing that this question will give him jealousy. " Do you like Y/N?" "W-why do you want to know that?!" Ayko stutters, the blush creeping on his face. "It's pretty obviously..." Yoosung replies. Ayko looks at his feet. "I've liked her for a while now, I had a crush on her since little but never really noticed until about year 9 when she moved away." Yoosung nods as he listens. " Y/N, heh, after she left, I felt empty.., I wanted her to come back, I wanted her to come hang out with me and laugh when I did something stupid. She never came back though...., so when I heard she was here, I moved here straight away." Yoosung's jealousy starts to fade as he Ayko tells him the rest of the story. "I feel special when I'm around Y/N. I feel as though I'm complete, I don't need to be fake around her. I can be myself. I can be the most stupid idiotic person around Y/N. When I saw her again after so many years, i was ready to ask her, 'do you like me?' Or 'do you wanna be my girlfriend? But..." Tears start to appear in Ayko's eyes. " But..., when I heard she was with someone, I felt heartbroken. I cried and cried, feeling unneeded and alone." Ayko wipes his tears as a sad smile appears on Yoosung's face. "Oh, I didn't know..." Yoosung says, the sad smile still on his face. " When I saw her with you, I felt mad and jealous at first..., but realised that I felt proud and happy that my best friend had found the right person. You've treated her so well and I couldn't be any happier." Ayko smiles as well as Yoosung. "Are we friends?" Ayko asks, hoping for a yes. "Hope to see you at the wedding." Yoosung replies as he shakes hands with Ayko. Yoosung pulls out his phone and checks the time. " Y/N will be back now, we should start getting ready." Yoosung says as he puts his phone back in his pocket. "Umm, it's ok I'm right around the corner anyway." Ayko says, pointing down the street. "Oh ok, well," They shake hands again. "See you in the future." They say. Ayko nods and runs down the street just as you pull up in Yoosung's car. "Come on Jagi, let's go home."

Ayko arrive at the front of his apartment, tired from all the running. For short distance it's still pretty far... He looks up at the sky, the moon shining bright. Ayko replays the conversation in his mind. I'm so glad she's with Yoosung.
Ayko smiles at the thought, you found your dream guy, I'm proud of you Y/N.