crybaby

someone's turning the handle
to that faucet in your eyes

;

five hours later

five hours had passed and still, rosé couldn't perfect the lyrics and kept hitting the wrong notes, causing gd to become annoyed and more pressured.

"okay, rosé, listen to me." he spoke at the microphone connecting the recording room and the outside. "you should go like gyeolguk." he sang the part, and rosé followed after.

"like this? gyeolguk." she looked at him questionably.

"nope. here, i'll repeat it again." he sang it again, then he looked at her.

"gyeolguk.." she felt her hands sweating as gd rolled his eyes and put his head to his hands.

"rosé, how many times have we been repeating this?" he asked in a low voice.

"i don't know." she answered, looking down. "i'm sorry, i'll do it again better this time, i swear." she cleared her throat and opened her mouth to sing again but was stopped by gd banging his fist to the table.

"it has been five hours! we still haven't recorded anything from you yet. why don't you get it?" he asked, clearly annoyed. "yg chose wrong this time. you really have a good voice, just not good hearing."

"i'm sorry..." she trailed off, not daring to meet his eyes.

"sorry won't fix anything." he went to the recording room and practically dragged her out using her arm. "fucking hell, what part of the note did you not get?" he yelled at her face.

"i don't know.."

"the album will be passed to yg tomorrow and this song isn't the only song i'm working on. i still have to edit the other tracks but i'm here, and you're wasting my time. stop being a dumbass and make your brain work."

she couldn't help but let the tears fall from her eyes. "jiyong oppa..."

"forget that. call me sunbaenim." gd scoffed. "and don't use the i don't speak korean shit again. you can always learn, don't act like a brat."

rosé nodded and wiped her cheeks.

"what? why are you crying?" he laughed harshly. "are you trying to make me feel pity for you? let me tell you something, i don't feel anything. you're just a trainee with a good voice." he rolled his eyes. "i'm tired of this. maybe i'll just find a new trainee to record with me. someone who knows how to follow instructions unlike you."

the girl looked up. "no, no, i swear, i'll do better. please, just give me a chance."

gd squinted his eyes at first, then sighed. "whatever, but if you fail this time, i'll make sure yg will kick your ass out."

"thank you so much." she was about to smile but stopped when she saw him raising his right hand, probably about to stop her.

"forget that this ever happened." was the last thing he said before he pushed her back to the recording room.