9: Metal Wings

"Kneel before me and kiss my foot like a peasant you are." -Unknown
---

Ira

Body after body piled up on my feet, all dead and bloody with their throats ripped out.

The cloak I wore earlier is now torn into shreds leaving me with only a simple white dress.

Raphael's sword is light and easy to wield like my silver sword back to my kingdom.

I am lucky to have this by my side, now I can finally say 'Damn, you're right Raphael'.

"Don't lose your mind in the game." a hoarse voice snarled at my ears.

I turned around and a black bat like wings smacked me on my face that sent me to a nearby tree.

My body hit the trunk too hard that it's snapped into two. I grunted while I slowly stand with my wobbly legs.

I wiped the blood from the side of my mouth while my eyes glaring at Coulton's direction.

He is laughing "Surrender, Ira you are now surrounded by my allies. Can't you see? You are in a losing battle."

I cackle "I am happy that you are underestimating me, Coulton. But it seems you forgot what it is my other element other than ice."

I'm sorry Raphael, I will have to ruin your sword.

My disadvantage in this situation is that I cannot fly and that's make me an easy target.

I hate to admit that I have to rely in that element. But I got no choice, I'd rather collapse here out of exhaustion knowing that they are defeated, than to lose.

I swing the sword back and forth then I placed it against my spine and close my eyes, bracing myself for the excruciating pain.

"What is she doing?" Astaroth asked.

"Maybe she is thinking of surrendering." Coulton answered.

I willed my power to the highest level to bend the metal components of the sword to crawled inside my body. I gritted my teeth feeling that the whole sword is being swallowed by my skin.

I yelped in pain as I feel the metal prickling my skin and after a few seconds, a metallic wings potruded in my back.

My vision are blurry out of the blood coming from my eyes, the horrified looks of the demons are good enough to know that they see me as not an easy opponent.

"What the.." Coulton gasped. I looked up in the sky to see the demons hovering above me.

I crouched down and launched upwards like a dart as I beat my metallic wings that sent a million shards from the archangel blade.

The demons shrieks filled the air, and some tried to attack me from both sides. But I flicked my fingers and another huge shards launched at them tearing their bodies into half.

The archangel blade is a weapon of destruction against them. I am glad that I bring it with me, but thanks to Raphael.

I dived down towards Astaroth's group and beat again my enormous metal wings.

These time, a huge chunk of metal shards pinned lots of demons on the ground as they slowly die with their screams filled the silent atmosphere earlier.

I plucked a metal feather and commanded the metal element to make it a thin sword. I landed on the ground and I fight the demons with my new weapon at hand.

Another pile of bodies added up on my feet as the archangel bladed slices their bodies like a cake.

But the exhaustion is creeping up in my system, the blood is coming out from my eyes due to excess use of power.

That's why I hate to use this ability, but truth to be told. They easily die because of the archangel blade.

Ira what are you doing? You are on your limit. I heard Raph talked to me through my mind.

Killing demons because it is fun. I answer as I slit the throat of the demon who dared to attack me from the back.

I spread my wings and flapped it again, another million shards stabbed their bodies and they fell on the ground dead.

Enough. It's enough. You are bleeding.

Let me do my job.

I didn't notice how I kill Astaroth's legion in just one day using my curse ability.

Coulton and Astaroth's gone, finally.

I fell on my knees on the ground while my body is shaking in pure exhaustion.

I cough blood but after that I vomitted a huge amount of blood.

I reached my spine with a shaking hands to pull out the sword, I cried out in pain when I yanked the sword from my spinal cord.

The world spins around me as I collapsed on the cold forest floor with a thud, and blood splattered around me.

My white dress is now drenched in pure crimson color, I took shaky breaths as I try to reach the sword on my side.

Cloud left me earlier and now I am going to go home by walking or running but how I can do that if I am exhausted up to my bones.

Metal wings is a very dangerous technique where it includes a huge amount of energy from the wielder.

But I got no choice, I have to end this in an easy way to prevent myself from losing a fight against a legion.

I am strong but I cannot take on a legion by myself, this is the first time and I am lucky I am still alive.

My eyes are only half open as the snow flakes falling from the sky hitting my face.

Seconds later when I was about to close my eyes, I saw a familiar face looming above me.

He lifted my frail body as he bring me close against his chest. I know it is a he because of the muscular arms.

But when I was about to lose my consciousness, I heard him said something.

"I am glad I'm on time or else you'll bleed to death on that snowy ground."
---

A/N: So who is the mysterious saviour lol xD