Epilogue 2: Arms

Ira

At first I thought I am already dead, maybe I died at the midst of blizzard with my unborn son.

But I was wrong.

My body feels heavy while I am lying on a soft bed, I even heard some voices talking to one another and a hand stroking my hair gently.

"She is not waking up yet?"

"Not yet. It has been two days since she fainted from where we rescued her."

"Is the child okay?"

"Yes, the child is fine Michael."

I open my eyes slowly and I groan to how bright my surroundings is.

Surely this is not my castle, I choose to have thick curtains in my room.

I squinted to see six pair of eyes filled with concern looking at me.

"Thank the Father she is already awake!" Michael exclaimed.

Haniel smiles "I know she would. She is tough you know."

I try to sit up and I can even feel my muscles screams in protest that it forces me to lay back down again.

"You should rest, you are unconscious for two days." Raphael explained, looking at me with his kind dark eyes.

I cleared my throat "Thank you." murmured.

"I think we should leave the two of you." Haniel grins as she pulls Michael and closing the door behind them.

I sit up slowly and leans my head against the headboard "Am I really in Heaven?" my voice sounds raspy.

He nods, while smiling "Yes, you are in Heaven. This place is safe for the baby."

"Since he belong here, isn't?" I asked, as I place a protective hand against my swollen tummy.

I stretched out my arms to see that I am not wearing the black habit anymore. I am already wearing a beige colored tunic.

"And you also belong here, Ira." he said.

I shake my head in response "I don't belong here. That is madness."

I couldn't shake the feeling of what it's like to have a butterflies on my stomach when Raphael smiles sweetly at my direction.

I stop the urge to pull him and embrace him, but whenever I think about what kind of person I am. The fleeting fantasy I felt for him died completely.

I do not deserve him. I should stop dreaming.

"If ever there is a chance, will you let me prove to you that you belong here?"

I sigh "Vampires like me doesn't deserve to be here nor in Hell. We don't belong to any places. We live. We die. We became ashes and there is no afterlife."

The next move I didn't expect from him surprised me, when he cupped my face with his hands and kissed me, makes me feel more sorrowful.

A lone blood tear fell from eyes knowing that this will become just a distant beautiful memory.

He pulled away, and he look into my eyes "I won't let you die. Please don't say that." then he wipe the traces of blood tear from my cheeks.

"You know you are hurting me. I don't like to assume things and yet you are showing this kind of treatment." I said, coldly.

He chuckle "You are completely dense for a cruel queen, are you?"

It's too late to stop myself from pinching him slightly at his chest that makes him laugh.

"Please, let me prove myself to you. I will take care of you here and your son." he plead, while taking my hand and brings it closer to his chest.

Warmth.

I arch an eyebrow "Then tell me why are you so kind to me? You barely know me at all."

"Does it matter? If you love the person, it doesn't matter if you only knew him or her yesterday or only at this moment." he said, confidently.

Love?

"You what?"

His face turned back to his serious look "I love you, Ira and I am not lying. I can sense lies too. Don't try to hide it away."

I chew my bottom lip "Whatever, Raphael. Do what you wish." I said, giving him a smile.

His reaction is priceless, then he hug me tightly. Pulling me closer against his chest.

I couldn't say that I finally found the happy ending that every mortal dreamed about.

But only thing for sure is I am safe and contented when Raphael wrapped his arms around me. He is the warmth that I am longing for.

And yet, all of this are only just the beginning.

The end.
----

A/N: Author's note in the next chapter. :D