10: Intentions

3 days later..

Lucifer

The moment I sensed something's going bad to happen, I rushed to see where the commotion is but instead of being surprised to see the deaths of the demons scattered all over the place.

I feel betrayed, to see that my baby brother Raphael carrying her unconscious form in his arms. I stopped myself from attacking him and snatching her away.

But those thoughts is what surprised me the most. I supposed not to care about her because of what she said to me yesterday.

Yet I found myself in this situation where I am waiting for her to wake up.

It's been three days since she is unconscious, and I have been keeping an eye on her to see if she is alright.

"Why are you here, Lucifer?" I was dragged back to present by Raphael's stern voice.

I arch an eyebrow "Is it bad to visit her?"

He nod, still looking serious "Yes, because of you that's why she is in this situation." he said, while reaching for a damp towel at the side table and he pressed it gently against Ira's pale cheeks. Wiping the blood coming from her eyes.

Wait what? Why is it my fault?

I frown "It's not my fault. I didn't ask any of them to attack her."

Raphael glares at me "Then tell me, who commanded Astaroth to attack and help Coulton to kill her? You are a liar, Lucifer."

Astaroth's fault? Oh I'm going to skin him alive.

"I didn't know what you are talking about, I may order them to attack and corrupt humanity. But I never asked Astaroth to attack her." I said. It's true, I got no idea why one of my general is working behind my back.

Raphael shake his head in disbelief "I know better than to believe you."

I stand up harshly, knocking the armchair behind my back "Fight me, baby brother. You are getting to my nerves." I growled.

"If you're going to kill each other, go outside like civilized people." Claudius grumbled on the side of the room. I almost forgot about him because I was occupied by Raphael.

I glared at Raphael as I pick up my chair again and sat on it. My brother just gave me a smug look that makes my anger increase to twenty fold.

The whole room became silent again that makes us attending a funeral with Ira's immobilized form on the bed.

"Is it true? That you are the one who commanded to ambush our queen?" Claudius asked.

I sigh "No. I am not the one who ordered Astaroth to do that. Perhaps, he is working on my back without my consent."

Claudius didn't respond, I don't have to push myself to make them believe me.

Raphael and I turn our heads at Claudius when he spoke "I don't know how she became involved with such things. She is the type of person who doesn't give a care about angels and demons." he narrow his eyes on us "We are a peaceful creatures if we're not provoked. I wonder what made her changed."

"How about you should stop questioning my decisions, Claudius." a raspy feminine voice said from our back.

I turn my head to see Ira half awake with her sickly pale skin. The glow from it disappeared leaving her skin hue looks like the color of ash in the dim room.

She slowly sitting up but Raphael stopped her "You shoud lay down, Ira." he said gently.

I am not stupid just to watch them getting mushy isn't? I must act up.

I stand up and get the glass of blood from the other side table, then I offered it to her "Before you take a rest, you should drink this first." I smiled at her.

Ira stare at me absentmindedly and snatched away the goblet full of blood from my hand. She hungrily drink the whole content, letting some excess blood leak from the side of her mouth.

I'm rubbing her hair soothingly as I grinned mischievously at Raphael who is now plastering a straightface.

Claudius looks between Raphael and I, wearing a confused expression "Wait a second, I am so muddled to what's happening. What are you two to her?" then he arched an eyebrow.

What are we to her?

An evil smile make its way on my lips "I am her---"

"Claudius, give me another blood bag. I am starving." I was interrupted by Ira's weak voice and Claudius left the room immediately.

Damn it.

Raphael helped her to sit while her back is against the headboard. She is sweating, well the truth is she looks like an ice that is melting.

"What are you two doing here?" she asked while her eyes still half lidded.

"I check on you occasionally to see if some of your wounds are healed." Raphael's the one who answered first, he is stealing my spotlight.

"I am also keeping an eye on you while you were unconscious. Since my brother are not here in every minute." I said, calmly.

She sigh "Whatever."

"Ma reine, your requested blood bag is here." Claudius shoot us a look and gestured his head like motioning us to go outside.

I thought that Raphael's going to leave us as to go back to Heaven, but he is the one who went out first.

The next thing I knew is that we are both outside of her room, not even speaking with each other.

After a few minutes, Claudius went out with a dark look in his face.

"We should talk. The both of you." he motioned us to follow and Raphael obeyed him silently.

But I won't let a mere vampire ordered me around so I stand here doing nothing.

He stopped and turn around to face me "Our place. Our rules. You should at least be respectful, be glad that our queen told me to accomodate the two of you." because of what he said, I absentmindedly allow myself to follow him.
---

"You should stay away from her, Raphael. You're better than this, she's evil." I whispered to Raphael while we're walking behind Claudius.

Raphael shoots me a look "I decide for myself, and you shouldn't care about my life decisions, Satan."

I arch an eyebrow "You'll regret it."

"It's you that who should stay away from her, you are a bad influence." he smirked.

"We're both evil. We understand wach other. Unlike you." I lied. Honestly, we don't understand each other.

She hates my guts, she even stepped on my ego and crushed it like an insect under her foot.

Just like the queen she is. Oh wait a second, I just realized something.

She would make a perfect queen of Hell.
---

A/N: Yeah, I have to finish this story soon because of Desidirium :D anyhow. Enjoy!