11: Haunting

"You put a fever inside me. And I've been cold since you left."- Haunting by Halsey
---

Ira

I went inside my bathroom and wash away the cake blood from my face. I reach for a towel beside me and wipe away the excess water from my face.

While doing so, I stare back at the girl with dead silver eyes and ashen skin color.

I look very dead and my eyes are corpse like.

But before I pity myself, I trod towards my wardrobe and look for a comfortable garbs to wear.

Yet, the only thing that catches my eyes is the black lacey minidress with golden sequins on the edge and I pulled my hair up for a bun.

I pinched my cheeks to add some blush, vampires tend to be pale as always but I prefer to have at least some color on my skin.

The last time I checked, I think about the days I was unconscious. I know that Claudius didn't call for a healer, I should have know.

Instead, Raphael is the one who heals me for three days but Lucifer is also here.

I shake my head in disbelief. This needs to be stopped, I should stop acting like a hopeless romantic where I must worry with something else.

'Yes, nobody will love you. You are selfish, cruel, heartless, and a user.' a voice hissed at the back of my mind but I heed its message.

It's right. I am unlovable, I do not deserve to be loved.

I need to think a plan how to stop myself from admiring Raphael. It is so wrong.

I'm currently walking on the dark hallways of my castle with some chiaroscuro paintings are hanging against the wall.

The servants stopped to what they are doing and bowed their heads with their eyes trained on the floor.

They still fear me. That's a good sign.

Yet, I suddenly came up for a plan to end this. Great.

I know that the three of them are in the drawing room, so I did not bother myself anymore to knock and went inside with my chin held high.

Claudius stand up and bowed at me "Ma reine." I nod at him.

I see Raphael's soft gaze and Lucifer's frowning stare.

They must be wondering that I recovered quickly when earlier I couldn't even lift a finger.

"Ira, are you really okay?" Raphael asked, worriedly.

I nod curtly at him "Yes, thanks to you." I said as I turn my attention to Lucifer.

This is going to be perfect.

"I want to thank you Raphael. Even though there are a lot of archangel stuff going on in Heaven, you gave time to heal me. So thank you." I said briskly.

Judging by the frown on his face, he sensed something's wrong. But I should continue.

This time, I faced Lucifer and smiled at him "I am sorry for what I said to you last time." I lied. I didn't feel sorry at all, but this must be executed smoothly without any loopholes.

The next moment I knew, I am already kissing Lucifer with my hand against his nape and his arm wrapped around my waist.

I heard Claudius gasped like the air's knocked out from his lungs.

I pulled away grinning while Lucifer is smirking down at me. He enjoyed this. The pervert.

"To clear your suspicions, Claudius. Raphael is a sort of acquaintance and Lucifer is my lover. I hope that would suffice your curiosity." I said.

I almost regret looking at Raphael's reaction where I see his dark eyes became cold.

But I should stand my ground and stay away from him.

Even though his cold eyes haunts my dreams since then.
---

A/N: I need to repeat this chapter because some problems on WP. -_-