Short Fuse

Zoro's POV

"Hey Nami. Do you know what that massive building on the island is? It seems pretty excesive seeing as how everything else was pretty small." I yawned and sat down. I didn't really trust that building. It was about 13 times bigger than the rest of the city. I guess it wouldn't be that bad if it was a bar. They'd have tons of ale.

"Yeah I do!" Nami shouted with a scared expression. I'll take that as a sign I was right.

"That was the Four Leaf Casino! It's the largest casino in the whole East Blue! It may even be the largest in the whole world!" If it's a place to get money then why is Nami scared? She should be jumping with joy right now.

"What's wrong?" Luffy asked giving a confused look. "Well, the casino may be very big, and it looks nice, but the reason everything else looks so bad and run down is because of the casino. They trick people into gambling and they almost always lose all their money in the process. Then the're forced to be a slave for the casino until they pay them back." Well that explains why everything looked so shitty.

"That's why we can't stay on the island for very long. If we do we could get tricked into becoming slaves." Nami let out a deep breath after finishing her explanation.

"But what about meat?!" Luffy gave a look of utter fear as he whined. We have such a brilliant captain don't we?

"We'll get the supplies we need then leave! Got it?!"

"But I wanted to find a new crew member!" Again with the fighting. I just simply sighed in annoyance.

"We can't stay on the island for more than a few hours! Do you want to be a slave?"

"No." Luffy said very depressed. Looking down like a child would when they did something wrong.

"Well then we need get our supplies then leave."

"I doubt anyone would want to join a crew with this as their ship." I kicked the boat to emphasize my point.

"Yeah. We need to focus on getting an actual pirate ship before we get anymore crew members." Nami agreed nodding.

"Finnneee!" Luffy said in an annoyed tone.

"I personally don't want to serve some rich bastard to repay a debt." I stated closing my eyes. I really want to sleep again before we got to island. Maybe an idiot will pick a fight with us and get me some training. Before I could finish my thought I was suddenly flying into the water with a deep pain in my gut. "Hey, you can't sleep Zoro! We're about to reach the island!" That idiot is so going to pay. I jumped back on the ship and unsheathed my swords. "What the hell Luffy! I was trying to sleep!" I was about to charge toward Luffy when the ship suddenly jerked forward, knocking me off my feet and into the water, 'again'.

"Land! Hey Zoro you should stop swimming and look around the city!" Luffy said laughing like always.

"We don't have time to site see! We need to go to the market and buy the food we need!" I heard Nami shout and soon came the sound of something hitting the group very hard. Pissing off Nami is not a good thing to do.

I got to the surface of the water and swam to shore. When I got on the island, both Nami and Luffy were nowhere in site. "Tsk. They better not get lost. I don't want to waist time here."

I walked down the right path, which is away from the casino. As I walked down the street every house that I saw was small and rundown. It seemed like a hovel, made out of rotting wood and rusted metal.

"Where is everyone? It's like a ghost town." Not a single person was in site. Maybe the people left this city trying to run away from their debt? That might have been it if I haden't seen a somehow flourishing shop that looked out of place in the hideous city.

"Hey you, mister! Come over here and look at our amazing merchandise!" The person I assumed to be the owner was an old man with a large white beard and mustache.

"What do you want?" He didn't even falter at the venom in my voice. His face looked so happy that I knew something was up.

"You look like a fine swordsmen! On your journeys your swords must become quite weak, and a great swordsman like you needs only the best!" The old man walked over to me and started to drag me towards the shop.

"Hey!" I yelled trying to pull away, but the old man kept on walking. 

"My shop has only the best products! I'm certain that you will find a sword to your liking!" This old dude is starting to get on my nerves.

"I don't need a swo...rd." I was completely stunned with how much stuff was in the shop. Thousands upon thousands of shelves lined with almost everything in the world. On one particular shelf there was a large variety of swords that all looked highly crafted. I walked over to the shelf and started to examine the swords on display.

"Those sword are all newly crafted and are made out of pure steel. It'll take years for anyone to even crack one of them." The sword I was holding had a blue sheath with a blue and black handle. It looked completely amazing.

"Where did you find this sword?" How did a shop keeper get a sword like this in such a run down town?

"Oh, you have a good eye. That's Ame'o'sasu, or Stabbing Rain. It came from the Grand line and is a fine sword, the best I have actually." I slashed the air with the sword to get a feel for it. It was light and quick, but I could feel it cut through the air like rain. The name was quite fitting.

"How much is it?" This sword seemed like it was on another lege to the swords I was carrying. Excluding the Wado Ichimanji of course.

"Oh that? Why it's only 1 million belly." I nearly lost my balance from shock.

"1 million?! How can you expect someone to have that kind of money?!" The old man sighed but soon cheered up.

"Well I can understand not everyone has that kind of money, but if you really want that sword I know a way to get the money really quick. Just follow me!"

The old man started to drag me with him again, we were going back and forth, right and left. If anyone else took this path they would get lost. But I know my way back so it should be no problem.

"Here we are! The Four Leaf Casino!" I looked up to see the massive doors of the build I had only seen from a distance. And man did it look bigger up close. I'm not sure even Luffy could stretch as far as this building.

"If you win just one game here you could buy that sword and more. This is how I payed for the start of my shop!" I quickly remembered Nami's warning about how the city tricks people into gambling and losing all their money and tried to get away.

"I'm not the gambling type. I don't feel like going through the consequences of losing." With that I turned around and walked away.

"I guess most people still don't have the courage to try their luck, huh?" I stopped dead in my tracks at that remark.

"What was that? Did you just call me a coward?" I quickly growing tired of this old man. Who the hell does he think he is?! 

"Not really. I'm just saying that a real man would trust his luck to win. All or nothing right? But I don't expect anyone now-a-days to step up to the task. I thought you would be different." This guy is really getting on my nerves. There's no way I can walk away from someone calling me a coward.

"Fine!" Turned towards the casino and stomped forwards to the doors. I was about to open the doors before I looked over my shoulder at the old man and shouted,

"Oh, and you know what? I'm gonna get three times the amount of cash I need for that sword, and I'm gonna buy out your whole store!" I then pushed open the doors and stormed inside.